The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Just discovered an app called ColorSplash and its sister app Juxtaposer

the first one is a photo editing app where you can choose different coloured backgrounds etc for a pic, the second is also editing but you can marry two seperate photos together, both cost £1.19 but a lot of fun, you can then save them and upload them straight to facebook etc

• 2 months later...

Ok, so the decision is made. I have just given notice to Orange (30 days - boo!! :( ).

What are my options from here? I want the £35 per month all in deal (is the Interweb really free???). Do I go to the O2 shop or will the deal be better from the Apple store?

Any advice would be great

You missed a bit around Lukes head Denjo.

By the way. There is a game called Drop7 on the app store which is stupidly addictive. The free version of the game is worth checking out. Its £1.79 or something for the full version.

My wife got an ipod touch over the weekend and I have to say that I am really tempted to get an Iphone when my contract ends. I had been looking at the HTC Touch HD or the new HTC Diamond2 as my last 3 phones have all been windows based and its great that you can tweak it and use lots of applications for free if you look without having to hack your phone. Trouble is they all feel like different applications where as the few I have but on the mrs ipod all feel as though they are part of the OS.

Of to look to see if I can find any bargains on the tinterweb

I went to Edinburgh on the weekend and the iphone was an absolute godsend.

Firstly, to entertain me on the way up, I downloaded series 1 of the sopranos (which I've never seen) and watched it on the train, interspersed with games of flight control which is the best game ever ever ever (105 is my record for anyone else with it). I'll have to try Rev's recommendation of drop 7.

We got off the train and no-one had a fookin clue where we were going, so I simply searched for the hostel in Maps and within 10 seconds we had directions right to the door of the hostel.

Then everytime we required a meal, someone would make a suggestion of what we wanted to eat (japanese, mexican etc) and urban spoon found us a restaurant with directions and a phone number within a couple of seconds.

Then mor emusic andsopranos on the way home. All in all it was a perfect exhibition of the phoine and it didn't let me down (although I did drop it in a drunken stagger and broke one of the speakers :()

I.

Then mor emusic andsopranos on the way home. All in all it was a perfect exhibition of the phoine and it didn't let me down (although I did drop it in a drunken stagger and broke one of the speakers :()

LOL.

you do realise sound only comes out of the left hand speaker don't you, the right hand one is just for show.

By the way. There is a game called Drop7 on the app store which is stupidly addictive. The free version of the game is worth checking out. Its £1.79 or something for the full version.

Nice one Rev, this just took over from Bejewelled as my new default time-waster! :D

And Stevo i know what you mean about the iphone on trips like that. I've had to go to a few places through work and have managed to find hotels, restaurants, general directions etc really easily and quickly.

While everyone else stood there squabbling about how to find a decent restaurant etc i just did a 5 second search, clicked the link to phone the restaurant and book a table and then clicked the link for directions. As i phoned and booked everyone shut up and stared and as i hung up i just asked who wanted to drive.

Man-Phone FTW!

Fuzzle is another addictive one .. best 59p i've spent in ages

if you've got young kids then try

ballonanimals lite , Catchamouse and superpoke pets

Haha, that's pretty much what I did on Sunday night. People generally agreed that we wanted mexican food (after a brief discussion over whether we'd get swine flu or not). I went onto Urban spoon whilst they were getting all their info books out and did a search and came up with a restaurant and phone number that was about a 3 minute walk away which we'd never have found otherwise.

I have a couple of mates who hated the iphone (mostly because of how much my other mate who also has one brags about it) but they've changed their tune after that weekend.

you do realise sound only comes out of the left hand speaker don't you, the right hand one is just for show.

That's not true is it?

Iphone has so many simple things wrong with it that make it poor. It cant do half of the simple phone tasks.

My phone poos all over it and looks sweet too. HTC touch HD. Never look back at the lousy iphone again :)

OK now Im intrigued. I currently have an HTC Touch which is the 3rd wm phone I have had - great little phone and was seriously looking at getting the Touch HD but having seen the app store and how the Ipod touch works I am seriously considering the apple thing too.

I know the HD has a much better screen but what else makes it so much better than the iphone

I seriously wouldn't buy an iPhone right now, they have come down in price for a reason - £rd gen isn't too far away and Third gen wil have all those bits missing from the 3G, namely video and native MMS

I'd hang on tbh, might be worth the wait, if it'd ot, you'll be able to buy a dirt cheap 3G anyway

£rd gen isn't too far away and Third gen wil have all those bits missing from the 3G, namely video and native MMS

This will also be available on the first 2G iPhone.

Its a software update to iPhone os3 and its not just exclusive to the new one, it will work on all iPhones.

Â