Disappointed in Carew

Poise

Would you sell Carew in the summer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell Carew in the summer?

• Yes
    • No

Maybe he would look more interested if he actually had a fair chance of getting in the team? Ever since the lapdance incident there have been rumours about a poor relationship with MON.

Heskey isn't excactly scoring for fun or in any way contribute in a way where he should be guaranteed a starting place. Yet he always get in the team. On his day John Carew is our best striker by far. These days doesen't seem to happen too often recently. That is mainly his own responsibility, but maybe he isn't motivated properly by the manager as well? Seems a bit like NRC who never gets his chance as well while Sidwell can play as badly as he likes and still be used as a sub the next week.

Even though I think MON is doing a good job, this is what I like the least about him. He keeps favorites and I suspect his team selections aren't always based purely on footballing reasons.

But if John and Martin can't work togheter then I think it may be for the best for everyone if we sell him in the summer.

Writing off Guzan already? Madness. The guys played 2 bad games, and even they weren't terrible, just a bit shaky.

He MIGHT not turn out to be very good (although I think he will) but shiping him out at this stage would be ridiculous.

He has looked a pale shadow of the player last season. However he is still much more likley to grab a goal than Heskey. The big problem is, who do we get into as our main striker - this seems to have eluded MON in all his time here. We certainly need better than Harewood, Heskey, Maloney.

Come july it should be bye bye emile, petrov, beye and guzan. All four just not good enough. Carew, he needs to get more games.

Madness :shock:

Im also thinking while Carew could come on fire with a few starts there must be a reason why he isn't being given the starts?

MON obviously doesn't have much faith in any striker except Gabby at the moment. If anything, Heskey has become MON's 2nd Striker.

And Carlton Cole? Seriously? I think its a dead cert that MON is going to do some shoppping after the world cup for a striker - as someone.

Disappointed - are you having a laugh ?

I'm disgusted

The guy is taking the preverbial out of us at the moment.

He walks around as if he doesn't give a toss.

He has not showed any emotion now for six months, just walks around with his head down.

I can't stand Heskey to be honest, but there is no way in this world Carew deserves his place, and I think Fonz now deserves to be ahead of him.

Should have replaced in the summer, didn't and that will cost us any chance of top 4, and maybe even top 6.

But it's done now, we just have to get on.

Carlton Cole is a great striker and would work well with Gabby

He's improved a lot since his spell at Villa.

Look at the amount of goals he's scored for West Ham in the limited number of games he's played and it's not like West Ham have as good service as Villa do

It all seems so promising when people start proposing selling off Heskey and Carew on the cheap, so as to get in better strikers who can "take us to where we want to be"...

I always read on excitedly to see who these fantastic strikers are, who are available to steer us to a CL place, and who have apparently escaped the attention of the current regular CL clubs.

It's always a bit of a disappointment when it turns out to be Carlton Cole (8 goals so far this season for the 14th placed club); Darren Bent (16 goals for the 13th placed club) or Rocque Santa Cruz (3 goals for the 5th placed club).

Exactly how are these people supposed to take us up to CL level?

It all seems so promising when people start proposing selling off Heskey and Carew on the cheap, so as to get in better strikers who can "take us to where we want to be"...

I always read on excitedly to see who these fantastic strikers are, who are available to steer us to a CL place, and who have apparently escaped the attention of the current regular CL clubs.

It's always a bit of a disappointment when it turns out to be Carlton Cole (8 goals so far this season for the 14th placed club); Darren Bent (16 goals for the 13th placed club) or Rocque Santa Cruz (3 goals for the 5th placed club).

Exactly how are these people supposed to take us up to CL level?

Doesn't the fact that they are scoring goals for inferior teams make it likely that they'd do better at a decent team? Even if you don't accept that, surely they'd have to be a better bet than Heskey and his two league goals for the 7th placed team. Two league goals.....poor, really, really poor.

Carew has had plenty of chances this year, and he does nothing. Truth is, Heskey has looked a lot better than him recently. Says it all!

I really like Carew, seems brilliant but everything just seems like a joke to him now. Think he is happy with life in Birmingham, always see him out with a different girl every week, in all the cool bars, having the time of his life.

He just seems happy to sit on his 40k a week and see what he can do. Footballing wise, he's been pretty dreadful, and I think its a mixture of injury and a lack of effort.

Carlton Cole, Darren Bent, Kenwyne Jones and Kris Boyd.

They may not be world beaters, but at the moment I think they would all do better for us than Heskey or Carew are doing. Especially Darren Bent, think hes a great player with a good eye for goal.

We'll see.

In Martin I trust . . .

Carew has had plenty of chances this year, and he does nothing. Truth is, Heskey has looked a lot better than him recently. Says it all!

It's not the truth, just your opinion, and not one I agree with. Carew had more chances yeterday than Heskey has had in ages.

It's not the truth, just your opinion, and not one I agree with. Carew had more chances yeterday than Heskey has had in ages.

Here are the facts :

Carew has started 11 games this season and came on as sub in 13 and scored 5 goals.

Heskey has started 18 and came on as sub in 8 and scored 4 goals.

So goals to games ratio is pretty much the same.

And overall I think Heskey has played better for the team.

So for me, Heskey edges it.

You're right it is only my opinion, but a lot of people seem to share it with me.

Â