Disappointed in Carew

Poise

Would you sell Carew in the summer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell Carew in the summer?

• Yes
    • No

He has been very disappointing this season, and has rightfully lost his place in the team to Heskey. If we are to sell one striker in the summer, not counting Harewood, then based on current form I'd say Carew was the one.

But that doesn't necessarily mean I think we should sell him.

Carew has been a let down

Heskey hasn't been a let down as I didn't expect anything of him.

Yet again yesterday he had a chance in the box and instead of letting the ball run acoss him and take a shot on his right foot he held it up and tunred to his left into the defenders! Carew has been crap alright but Heskey is useless.

How dare Big JC have a loss of form, its disgusting and totally unprofessional, sell him immediately along with anyone else who may have a dip in form or take too much time to come back from an injury!

On a serious note, Carew has always been hit and miss and drifted in and out of form, which wouldnt be a problem if we had others to turn to... but we dont, Gabbys always knackered, The Fonz is still learning the ropes and Heskey is as much use as tits on a nun

IMO we should bin Heskey off and keep Carew, at least Carew can come up with a bit of magic now and then, that and the fact he can actually hit the target. Thought he played well yesterday too, was unlucky not to score twice if I remember correctly

Sell Heskey and The Hare - Keep Carew

See this is what I mean, Carew misses two chances and he is unlucky.

Heskey missed two chances also and he is labelled 'USELESS'.

The difference between "unlucky" and "useless" is one draws two fine saves from the keeper, where as the other ends up sailing a mile over the bar and into the stands

See this is what I mean, Carew misses two chances and he is unlucky.

Heskey missed two chances also and he is labelled 'USELESS'.

Carews both resulted in shots and saves one of the keepers forehead that he knew nothing about..Heskey didn't even trouble the keeper with his 2

Carew for me isn't really the sort of player you bring on in games , I think he has to start and be in the right frame of mind ... Now if the plan is to get some shit hot super striker then Carew is pretty much useless to us as a 3rd choice striker so I would get rid of him ...

I would of course without saying get rid of Heskey ... but with The Hare going as well that would see us having to purchase 3 strikers , which i just don't see happening ..so I suspect Heskey will still play a part next season

It's always a bit of a disappointment when it turns out to be Carlton Cole (8 goals so far this season for the 14th placed club); Darren Bent (16 goals for the 13th placed club) or Rocque Santa Cruz (3 goals for the 5th placed club).

OK ill give you Cole and Santa Cruz...they are both shite...but Darren Bent?? Cmon mate get real even stevie wonder can see that he would score a shed load for us, in fact, the ONLY person that cant (or couldnt) is MoN. He fitted the bill so well it was untrue - young, English, knows where the back of the net is and had on hell of a point to prove when leaving spurs.

Unfortunately we missed the boat and if we wanted him now we would have to pay silly money.

If we sign Carlton Cole in the summer i honestly think i will cry. Lots.

for me, id get rid of both carew & heskey in the summer, and being realistic I think we should go for Penguin Jones and Kris Boyd........ both gettable, and both would fit our style of play...... plus both love getting on the end of crosses in the box.......

I hope Carew stays with Villa for the next couple of seasons. I see him as a regular 70 minute sub when he can come on against tired defences and put himself about for the last 20 minutes. He doesn't need to be match fit or overly committed if his job is to deliver a regular short sharp shock.

Nice to see more agree with me than not.

I don't wanna come across as a moaner as I'm very happy with the setup at the Villa at the moment. Its just that I know that with a dangerous on form striker up there with Gabby, I know that we can get into that top 4.

Sorry but he comes on everygame and makes no impact at all? Much rather bring on a kid who at least runs around, lifts the crowd with energy, something like Harewood did.

He's shit, yes but my God he gave the crowd/team a lift the way he ran about, chasing everything and winning the battles. If Carew scored goals regularly, I wouldn't mind if his overall game was shight but he doesn't and doesn't like he will either.

Â