Disappointed in Carew

Poise

Would you sell Carew in the summer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell Carew in the summer?

• Yes
    • No

Carew has to go, Heskey is good enough to bring of the bench, but there is 2 things to think about here, 1 will he settle for that, absolutely not, 2 when Heskey goes to the world cup and suddenly becomes the new Maradona not only making Villa fans frustrated in that he never plays like that for us and Liverpool will want to buy him for 50ml, Villa fans will appear fools to the football world for continually moaning about the bloke.

IMO, There is definitely animosity between MON and Carew, I don't think that little jaunt by Carew has ever healed, Carew needs to find another berth, not sure if its possible but if someone could put up the clip when MON put Carew on v Palace, you will see MON go up to Carew waiting to go on with the 4th, MON gives him a nudge in the back as if to say, get in there lad have a go ( that kind of thing) MON then walks back to the side, Carew turns to look at MON, if that isn't an expression of pure apathy on Carew's face then i don't know. Carew needs to move on.

The other point is, surely it must be time that we gave a bit of respect to Gabby, give the bloke a chance, stopped putting slackers out with him and gave him the opportunity to play of some real quality so he can get his 20+ a season and also so the geezer isn't perpetually running the line on his own and carrying that responsibility, we can now all see after the Palace game what Villa are without and we will see the difference when Gabby steps out again in the next match the difference with Gabby, don't know about anybody on here but i know I'm thinking Burnley next F**k me hope Gabby's fit. Can't be fair really. The other point about Carew and Heskey is, the hallmark of Villa fans as i know is there tolerance of any player providing they feel that player has worked his T*ts of for the club, i have never felt that about Carew.

The other point about Carew and Heskey is, the hallmark of Villa fans as i know is there tolerance of any player providing they feel that player has worked his T*ts of for the club, i have never felt that about Carew.

This is all we, as fans, can ask for. A player cannot be blamed for the transfer fee or his wages - they are manager/owner's fault if over the top. He can only be asked to respect the club and give 100%. JC hasn't done that this year and is taking the proverbial. Heskey has, but he's playing in the wrong position and that's MON's fault IMO.

The other point about Carew and Heskey is, the hallmark of Villa fans as i know is there tolerance of any player providing they feel that player has worked his T*ts of for the club, i have never felt that about Carew.

This is all we, as fans, can ask for. A player cannot be blamed for the transfer fee or his wages - they are manager/owner's fault if over the top. He can only be asked to respect the club and give 100%. JC hasn't done that this year and is taking the proverbial. Heskey has, but he's playing in the wrong position and that's MON's fault IMO.

Have I missed something?

Last time I saw Heskey he started up front which is usually where most strikers play.

I think he's had his 'McCann' moment for me. I remember one game when I realised that Gavin McCann wasn't good enough for where we want to be and was just invisible, we were moving on and progressing and he wasn't. I think it may have been his last game for us too.

I'm not sure where the comparisons start and end with John Carew, but I hope he proves me wrong.

Hardly think he's a role model for younger players :P

a certain Carlton Cole who is now being touted as a £20m striker :shock: and great hope for many has publicly gone on record as saying that Carew helped him get his career back on track ..

Not saying I don't believe you but have you got a link, I don't see where they even come together, never played together?

Heskey has, but he's playing in the wrong position and that's MON's fault IMO.

Have I missed something? Last time I saw Heskey he started up front which is usually where most strikers play.

When Heskey plays for England he is the furthest striker forward and is the striker that the other striker and midfielders play off, running on to balls he has laid off in and around the edge of the box.

Gabby always plays that role for us (I am not sure why as I would like to see him running on to lay offs?) and Heskey ends up playing as a link man/third CM'er - for me he doesn't have the touch or mobility to play this role, although he has persevered and worked hard to do what MON asks of him and for this I respect him.

Carew looked sharp when he came on against Palace, the best he's played for a while. Lets not forget that the reason he was originally out of the team was because of injury. Since regaining fitness he's struggled for form, but hopefully he'll come good again. He was more of a goal threat in that 45 mins against Palace the other day than Heskey has been all season. So I know who I'd prefer to have up front for Villa between now and the end of the season.

Some Villa fans are too quick to write off players on the back of a few poor performances. Thank God it's O'Neill who's the manager of our team and not them.

a certain Carlton Cole who is now being touted as a £20m striker :shock: and great hope for many has publicly gone on record as saying that Carew helped him get his career back on track ..

Not saying I don't believe you but have you got a link, I don't see where they even come together, never played together?

Here is your link

Here is your link

Well, fair enough but certainly not what Tonyh, who stated that he had helped him get his career back on track.

n Carew’s another good friend of mine who I talk to quite a lot. He says I’ve just got to keep my head up and keep on doing what I’m doing.

I'd hardly say that's advice that has turned Cole's career around if I'm honest with you.

Carew looked sharp when he came on against Palace, the best he's played for a while. Lets not forget that the reason he was originally out of the team was because of injury. Since regaining fitness he's struggled for form, but hopefully he'll come good again. He was more of a goal threat in that 45 mins against Palace the other day than Heskey has been all season. So I know who I'd prefer to have up front for Villa between now and the end of the season.

Some Villa fans are too quick to write off players on the back of a few poor performances. Thank God it's O'Neill who's the manager of our team and not them.

Yep thank God O'Neill is manager because he certainly doesn't prefer him to Heskey and it also seems, prefers Delph infront of him too! (5 in midfield)

Does Carew enter the final year of his contract next season? If so it wouldn't suprise me to see him move on in the summer for a small fee (£3m).

I'd love him to come good and bang a few goals in, but I don't think he has offered enough consistancy against the top teams to push us onto that next level.

I'd hardly say that's advice that has turned Cole's career around if I'm honest with you.

To be honest none of us know what the situation was with him (either for Carew or against).

No we don't but I'm sure coaches and people he works with every single day such as Zola has more of an affect than a friend telling him to keep going. Just my thought. Anyway it has me wondering what footballer's are friends with who..

I know my cousin said he saw, Young, Gabby, Richard, SWP, Bramble all out together in manchester last year.

Yep thank God O'Neill is manager because he certainly doesn't prefer him to Heskey and it also seems, prefers Delph infront of him too! (5 in midfield)

As I said before, Carew was in poor form after his return from injury, so that's perhaps why Heskey was picked over him for the last couple of months. Pre Christmas (pre Carew's injury) Carew was the favoured striker (with Heskey wanting away). Things change, form changes, and an in form Carew will be picked by O'Neill over Heskey everytime in my opinion. Hopefully Carew will be back to his best soon. he certainly played more like the old Carew at Palace.

Actually your wrong. Injury had nothing to do with it.

Carew started 9 games out of 10 in the Premiership and played very poor and scored 1 goal in these 9 games before Heskey played in the League Cup 4-2 win over Portsmouth, leaving Carew on the bench. Heskey played well and scored. He also since then has been infront of him. So yes Carew was dropped because of poor form but not because of injury.

Yes an inform Carew would be good but it won't happen. He's been woeful this season and doesn't look bothered. If that was Carew back at "old Carew" against Palace then Jesus christ, he's worse than I remember.

Carew started 9 games out of 10 in the Premiership and played very poor and scored 1 goal in these 9 games before Heskey played in the League Cup 4-2 win over Portsmouth, leaving Carew on the bench. Heskey played well and scored. He also since then has been infront of him. So yes Carew was dropped because of poor form but not because of injury.

Yes an inform Carew would be good but it won't happen. He's been woeful this season and doesn't look bothered. If that was Carew back at "old Carew" against Palace then Jesus christ, he's worse than I remember.

Carew was certainly injured earlier this season and suffered from loss of form since. And I'll also stick by my claim that he was more of a goal threat in that 34 mins than Heskey has been all season. Not that I'm claiming Heskey has been poor this season. At times he's played very well, but as a goal threat he's been practically non existent. Play Carew and we'll get more goals than we would if we play Heskey, and goals is what we've been missing since Christmas.

Carew was certainly injured earlier this season and suffered from loss of form since. And I'll also stick by my claim that he was more of a goal threat in that 34 mins than Heskey has been all season. Not that I'm claiming Heskey has been poor this season. At times he's played very well, but as a goal threat he's been practically non existent. Play Carew and we'll get more goals than we would if we play Heskey, and goals is what we've been missing since Christmas.

As a team we keep the ball better and defend better as a team with Heskey in there though.

It's okay saying Carew scores goals, with him in the team, 10 games he's started, we've scored 14 but also conceded like 10 and won 3, drew 4, lost 3.

Heskey, we've only conceded 1 in our last 9 matches when he's been on the pitch and have scored 10 goals in that and with him on the pitch haven't been beat since that opening day of the season.

So yes Carew is more of a goalthreat but I think as a team, we're working better with Heskey in it.

actually it's "You're " wrong ( in your face Rob :-) )

and it had a lot to do with injury , hence why Carew wasn't even on the bench for the Pompey game .. Carew was certainly injured earlier this season and possibly has suffered ... as I've already highlighted for a player that is supposed to be awful he has still achieved higher average match ratings than the "excellent" Heskey ...

interestingly on the Player ratings for the Portsmouth game Heskey scored 5.8 a score only Warnock managed to get lower than .. so it doesn't really point to Heskey having the stormer you believe he had ...

Â