Disappointed in Carew

Poise

Would you sell Carew in the summer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell Carew in the summer?

• Yes
    • No

I would see what kind of form he is in after a 5 game run as lets face it, its been a stop start season for him with injuries. A fully fit Carew is better than Heskey.

Get rid of both in the summer though and get Darren Bent in ;)

Time to offload both Heskey and Carew in the summer. They are no longer good enough to take us where we want to go. I would also add Sidwell, Petrov, Harewood, Osbourne and Petrov to that little list.

I would also add Petrov, Petrov and Petrov.

:winkold:

Are you mad? He is one of the best midfielders in the Prem and the only player we have who doesn't hoof the ball when we are under pressure.

Quality player. He's been brilliant for a while now after a dodgey start

To be honest don't think any of us know exactly what is wrong with Carew at the moment, but I believe it to be one of three options:

1) Simply a loss of form, which I hope it is, although could be unlikely as it's been so long since he was last good

2) Mind is elsewhere, as people have said he enjoys his nightlife so he may just be happy picking up his 40-odd grand a week and heading down to London straight after games

3) Fitness/Injuries are the issue along with his age, meaning he's less mobile now than ever and is struggling to get back to 100%, the guy's admitted himself that he's not kept himself in shape as well as many other pros over the years

Probably a bit of both AVFC-pob, i don`t think we will see the best of him again now. He`ll be gone in the summer and we need to find a different type of striker to replace him. Someone with clever movement so we can use Milners vision to create chances on the floor and through the middle.

Can we afford to let him go on a 5 game run and play shite?

No.

Â