Disappointed in Carew

Poise

Would you sell Carew in the summer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell Carew in the summer?

• Yes
    • No

I just looked up my Heskey stat and infact:

The last time Villa conceded a goal while Emile Heskey was on the pitch was 4th november against West Ham.

Also, Vagner Love, I loved him last year but apparently he's done abit of Adriano and gone back to Brazil? I don't know but he's a fantastic player.

Well first it was petrov and now it's Carew, how come it's the same people who seem to focus on one player every so often?

Carew has been poor this season but was his other seasons he's been excellent. I don't get what his age has to do with things, yes it means he won't improve much as a player but that's not the problem, he is out of form, it's not like his legs have gone or can't physically handle it, he is in poor form and injuries have effected him this season.

I wouldn't be too quick to sell him in the summer unless he really wants to go.

Carew has been poor this season but was his other seasons he's been excellent.

Not really, he's always been pretty inconsistent and Martin knows this better than anyone.

Just this season he's been beyond poor, I can understand a loss of from be he just doesn't look half arsed when he plays. We don't need that and deserve a player who is willing to work their balls of for the team.

Sad to say that I would sell Big John, though worry that investment in the right player will still be lacking. Nathan Delfouneso has potential but I am disappointed to see him get so few chances and the World Cup is obviously MON's motivation to play Emile. A striker is a must this summer.

I just looked up my Heskey stat and infact:

The last time Villa conceded a goal while Emile Heskey was on the pitch was 4th november against West Ham.

I really hope that's true! That's a great stat.

James Collins' own goal against Man U was the first league goal we'd conceded this year!

I voted "sell".

Yeah, bit of gay stating but basically:

Emile Heskey: This includes. Games that he has started upfront and played 45 or more minutes. So basically being a striker and completing a half. Results while he's been on the pitch:

10 Games.

4 Wins.

5 Draws

1 Losses.

Goals: 9

Against: 3.

However that only loss came on the first day of the season. Saying that, we're clearly not scoring enough goals. However defensively he's key in helping the team out.

Has been the biggest disappointment of the season, no doubt. He has not got very long to save his career at Villa but I hope he starts banging them in, we need a striker with his eye for goal and physical presence, he just doesn't look like he can be arsed this time though...

I think its very likely he will be off.

I dont think its a case of him not looking interested. He still seems to be trying hard (carew hard anyway) but it just isnt coming off for him.

His first touch is heavy, he looks clumsy. Gives away too many fouls.

That said he still knows where the goal is. I cant decide if he is just not match fit, whether his body is just past it, whether he just needs a run of games etc etc

I hope he proves me wrong, a fit and fiting John Carew is so a more usefull player than the Emile Heskey of today.

With respect I couldn't care less about when we conceed when Heskey is on the pitch (which these days it is rare as he only last about 15 minutes). If it were Dunne or Collins than it might be relevant, but Heskey is there to score or support attacks etc. Both have been poor, I'd rather have Carew over Heskey (just) but JC has done OK (I stress that because he is capable of more) the last two games.

Â