General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

Please don't listen to the fans when picking a manager, you can't please everyone so just pick the best man for the job. (Of course, presumably that'll be Sven - terrific manager with something to prove in the Premier League, and knows Stephen Ireland ;) )

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

I wrote a few months back predicting this might happen. I also wrote that you had an outstanding candidate in Martin Jol to keep this club progressing. He is the man for Villa. Excellent credentials and has proven track record at a similar club in Spurs and also now at Hamburg and Ajax. He is the logical choice and would be busting a gut to do well in England. He also played for West Brom so knows all about Villa and its size.

Lets stop having an inferiority complex at this club. Tottenham and Arsenal are traditionally no bigger clubs than Villa and yet they believe they are one of the biggest clubs in the land. All I hear from Villa staff and fans is how we can't compete at the top... NONSENSE. This is a massive club that needs to remember its history and want to get back to the VERY TOP of the English game. Sure that comes with finance but it also has to come with attitude and belief that the top is where Villa belongs and where it must aim for!

JOL can help us do that.

Thanks for the reponse General!

I was never in any doubt that Randy and the remaining Villans still had huge ambitions for the club.

I'm just glad your response was so quick, otherwise I probably would have posted on every page; replying to the wallies who kept on throwing pointelss insults :winkold:

UTV!

General K wrote 'My only hope is that the media will allow all the facts to emerge vice playing one side or the other.'

For the FACTS to emerge General the Chairman has to change his habits of ignoring the press and come out and tell us face to face what exactly the FACTS are. Until that happens the press will make their own stories up as will fans on sites such as this.

It defies logic to think that the club do not know exactly what are the FACTS that led to this nonsense.

I'm sorry General K, but I've got to echo this.

I know that the club belongs to Randy Lerner, and he can do what he wants with it.

I know certain things have to be kept quiet because of legal issues with contracts.

It might feel like fans might react better to things that are wrapped up in cotton wool - believe me - that's not the case. Just tell us the truth. I find it difficult to believe that this is a complete shock to the club. What are the circumstances that have lead to this? Are the funds from Milner's sale clearing debts? Is this player power in action? Has O'Neill left us in the crap?

Whatever - I hope lessons are learnt. That for a club to act in a successful way, the manager needs to be a figurehead. One with experience in a time when the club, with money issues, can easily be described as 'in turmoil'. One that will be willing to work together with the other management at the club as a team. One that will see it about Aston Villa, not about the manager.

Thanks for the reply General, I am glad to some feedback from the horse's mouth with all the rubbish been spouted by third parties who are guessing at why MON has left.

I also completely trust that Randy and Paul will find the right man for the job.

Good to see you on here this early Gen. Although this is not the best news and the timing is dreadful we will come through this. Players, coaches, managers and indeed chairmen will come and go. We the fans are the constant and are therefore the club. I still believe that Randy and yourself have our best interests at heart and I trust you to make the right decisions and choices. If I could just make one point please, please, please do not even consider Southgate or Bradley for the job. One is an idiot who in his time at Villa hardly managed to successfully pass the ball to one of his team mates and the other does not have the right football pedigree in English peoples opinions and will be seen as an old buddie appointment. Good luck in our quest, please don't keep us hanging on too long.

General

I for one fully support Mr Lerner, and don't believe that he has put a foot wrong since he walked through the door. All you can ask from an owner is that he respects the traditions of the club, and that he backs his manager with money and freedom to do what he wants.

Well he's done all that and more, and given O'Neill the sort of working conditions that other Villa managers could only dream about. In return, I believe he's been badly let down by O'Neill, both in terms of value for money in respect of signings made, and also in the way he has repaid 4 years of brilliant backing by walking out 5 days before the season starts. I'm no fan of O'Neill, but even I didn't think he'd stoop that low.

I trust Mr Lerner fully to appoint both a better coach, and somebody with the temperament for modern football, which O'Neill clearly didn't have.

General

I for one fully support Mr Lerner, and don't believe that he has put a foot wrong since he walked through the door. All you can ask from an owner is that he respects the traditions of the club, and that he backs his manager with money and freedom to do what he wants.

Well he's done all that and more, and given O'Neill the sort of working conditions that other Villa managers could only dream about. In return, I believe he's been badly let down by O'Neill, both in terms of value for money in respect of signings made, and also in the way he has repaid 4 years of brilliant backing by walking out 5 days before the season starts. I'm no fan of O'Neill, but even I didn't think he'd stoop that low.

I trust Mr Lerner fully to appoint both a better coach, and somebody with the temperament for modern football, which O'Neill clearly didn't have.

Spot on!

thankyou general for coming on here and giving us at least some sort of explanation of what the future holds for us villa fans,when i got in from work and switched the pc on and saw that mon had resigned 5 days before the start of the season i was gutted.How could he do this to us?I understand that randys doing his best and he doesnt have a pot of gold that he can keep digging into i also believe he's here for the long run but if its possible maybe randy should give a statement explaining whats going on to our wonderfull club and maybe put some supporters minds at ease a bit.Once again thanks for your presense on the forums this also shows what villa means to you to general

all the best

paul

General

Whatever the reasons were for MON to quit and whoever replaces him, I hope Randy realises that we have to spend money in the premier league on players to progress as well as balancing the books.

We need a top quality manager with a proven track record to replace MON in order to take our club forward. Hopefully we will have this person in place ASAP to start our season and to build our team with additions and coach our present players.

We have faith in Randy, Paul and your good self, please do not let us down.

Please do keep us updated on a regular basis. Thank you Sir

General

A few names mentioned by media and fans : David Moyes, Mark Hughes, Sam Allardyce, Phil Scolari, Gus Hiddink, Martin Jol, Slaven Bilic even Roberto Mancini.

Obviuosly we need a high profile name with experience and good man managament to continue our ambition.

Will Randy or Paul be releasing any statements ??

We highly appreciate your postings on here and respect you for it. Thanks again Sir

Thanks for coming on & posting General. I was very suspicious that the divorce & internal arguments had meant Randy was losing interest

and is balancing the books to sell. However your post puts this in perspective. I have always supported MON depsite questioning some of

his decisions to play the same obviously tired out players week in week out & some of them out of position to boot. FWIW I cannot support him walking out on the club 5 days before the start of a season. The Club should come first not egos!

I would like to say I have lost all faith in Lerner and would ask that after the next season or two of decline if he would please sell the club and return to a sport he has a modicum of knowledge about.

He did not and does not have the resources or the will to achieve the goals villa fans crave and deserve.

General,

thank you for the swift response to MON's departure. Not much detail but thats understandable at this moment in time. We know you could have easily kept out of the firing line for a few days.

You mentioned in your last post that we have been aggressively ambitious yet it doesnt seem that this year. Players have left without being replaced and to keep pushing up that table we would have needed EXTRA players to cope with the added games of the Europa Cup this season.

The future doesnt look bright at the moment but we all watch with hope that there is light at the end of this tunnel, oh and that Guus Hiddink is sitting there too. ;)

I really don't see what Randy's matrimonial situation has to do with anything, and don't think it's really fair to keep mentioning it.

I was one of those who mentioned it being a factor in other threads, so I wanted to acknowledge the General had tried to put the record straight. That's all.

General

I'd just like to second this aswell. In Randy we trust!