General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

Hi General,

I'm pretty sure if you listened to the opinion of every Villa fan worldwide, there wouldn't be a manager on the planet to hire. So you have two options sir:

1) Take up the role yourself.

2) Ignore it.

Please General, go get whoever is going to take our club to the next level, and before too long we'll all be thinking "Martin who?"

Best wishes.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello General

Firstly, I'd like to confirm my support for the board. Yourself, Randy et al are all doing a fantastic job of rebuilding the club organically and in a way that is sensitive to our tradition and history. I'd much rather this approach than to throwing obsene amounts of money at everything and building a new plastic ground in an out-of-town retail park. It seems Martin wasn't the man for us.

As for the new-look website, it generally looks much better but I'm disappointed they haven't changed the ticketing system. I hate that Ticketmaster system, it's just so basic and ugly.

I'd like to be able to choose individual seats, as you can on nufc.co.uk - it's a fantastic system which allows you to buy the actual seats you want.

For example, I hate sitting near the pitch in the Holte because you can't see anything up the other end, but if you buy lower tier tickets there's no way of knowing if you'll get pitch-side or right at the back. For the same reason, I also think ticket prices should be different in different blocks, rather than just upper or lower tier (I know corner seats are cheaper but I think the whole tier should be split again into 2 or 3 levels).

Are there any plans to upgrade the system and/or adapt a more flexible pricing policy, which I believe would encourage floating fans to buy tickets (I will never buy lower tier Holte End tickets at £33 because I don't think it's value for money if you can't see what's going on)?

As an aside, no one person is bigger than our Club...not me, not Randy, not Paul, not Martin. What is interesting is that, apparently, only three of those named understand that fact.

Been away for a few days and had heard you had said this. I felt it couldn't be true and am amazed that it is true

Tell me General, exactly when did Martin feel he was bigger than the club? Was it before both you and Randy lavished praise on him and said it was great he would remain as manager or after.

Also would you not agree that there is a huge difference between think you are bigger than the club and thinking you perhaps know more, as a professional football manager, what it takes to have a successful football team than an owner?

General Krulak here:

This is an absolute MUST read!!! The very best article I have seen on Football in a long time...perhaps ever. I take my hat off to the wisdom and clarity that is found in this read. There are minor corrections re. the Villa that might be helpful. Perhaps the most important is that the wage to turnover was not anywhere near 83.7%...not sure where the stat come from but it is not accurate. That does NOT mean that the point re. wages vs. turnover is not spot on...and certainly an area of real interest to all of us at Villa Park. We certainly MUST get a hold of this issue.

Hi General

The latest available audited accounts lodged at Companies House show that the wages to turnover ratio IS 84%. Are you, in your capacity as a director of the club, telling us that the accounts as audited by PwC are incorrect?

General,

I mentioned Manchester City's website last season being the blueprint of how our site should look. Having looked at the new site redesign I see that the club have followed that blueprint. Well done to all involved!

General,

Is there any truth in that MON left because the club officials wanted to take control of wage negotiations and take it out of MON's hands?

If its true, then good riddance to MON and I applaud the club for making this aspect more controllable, football people i.e. ex players look after each other and lets it are not always the sharpest tools in the box i.e. Milner

General Krulak here:

1. Obviously, I am not going to comment on possible managers...that would not be a smart thing to do. Suffice it to say that the Club is not going to rush into picking someone just to say we have made a choice...we want to ensure we have the "right" person for the job.

2. No, I do not think we are running the Club on the "Ellis" method. Every owner will have a different approach and our approach is different than Doug's.

3. There are some fans who are upset that I was forthright on my comment about my disappointment on the timing of the departure of Martin. Not sure what I can say to address those fans.

4. New web site. What we would like to do...at the next support group meeting is to have a list of all the "fixes" that the Fans feel we need to make the site even better. In reality, much of what we did with the new developments came from great input from the fans.

Hi General,

You may or may not want to comment, but is Randy looking to appoint someone in time to do some transfers before the window shuts, or will it be a case of going with what we've got until January?

General,

Shameless plea. My three-year-old son broke his upper leg at the weekend and is going to be stuck in plaster for up to six weeks. Is there anyone at the club I can contact to request a get well soon card. It doesn't have to be genuinely signed by any of the players (though Stephen Ireland's signature would be great!) - something with Hercules or just from the club would be great.

Many thanks,

David

PS - Good luck with the search for a new manager. I trust you Randy and Paul to find the right long-term leader for the club and Kevin Mac to carry his great work with the reserves into the first team in the short term

General

A quick note to say I'm liking the new website and have just downloaded the new official Villa iphone app. Although its been a long time coming, I must say I am very impressed indeed. Essentially a scaled down version of the OS, with direct links to tickets and the online shop aswell. Easy to use and navigate, which is just as an app should be. Just a massive pat on the back and a doth of the cap to those involved. :thumb:

General

The official iphone app looks good. However, not all of us have iphones. Please tell us Sir are there any plans to have an official android app ???.

Apps for different operating systems would enhance our branding.

Please tell us, also no rush to appoint a new quality manager

Thank you Sir