General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand the dilema. You sell a high earning player, maybe get someone earning as much in part exchange, but then want to add to the quad and increase the wage bill as a result. I think the club have made it clear to all and sundry what their aim is re wages to revenue and at some point have to make a stand on this issue. Obvioulsy one MoN was not prepared to accept.

Thats the first time I've been disappointed with something from our club. Cheap shots. On a very public messageboard.

As for the wage/rev issue, perhaps thats a lesson learnt, heck isn't Randy a businessman.

If our wages are too high, I'd look closer to home. I thought we had a professional management team in place.

Its equally difficult to stomach with the size of our squad. We have no chance of competing.

Don't get me wrong I don't want one individual to bankroll the club, but if you and Randy think you can win the European Cup without investment...

I'm obviously on the outside but a lot of this just does not add up. Why would a manager leave if he was being supported and had an owner who

acted with "aggressive ambition!!" in the transfer market?

General,

Only sent you two messages before;

1) Welcome to the club and good luck

2) The Thomas Cook Wembley fiasco.

My third message to you is that whoever comes in as our new manager, please let Randy Lerner know, that whilst I respect he's the owner of the club - he should let the manager do the managing and deal with incoming and outgoing players. But hey ho, he's the one losing and making the money isn't he. We're the real fans who want us to actually be successful.

I think you will learn very fast how much of a blunder you have made letting Martin O'Neill go.

Regards,

Jas

General,

given the hypothetical situation that we can promote some of these youngsters into the first team and sell the peripheral players who we think are too expensive for their talent (IMO Sidwell, Heskey being two such players), and we can get our wage bill reduced significantly (baring in mind Bouma, Shorey have already moved on and were presumably on at least £20k a week each).

Would it not be out of the realms of possibility to adjust our wage structure slightly to offer the better performers a better wage? Whether that be basic, bonus' based on winning matches etc, so that we can prevent players moving to other clubs who can offer a player a few thousand pounds a week more?

it also means that for someone like city to purchase milner, they know they need to offer £130k a week not £100k and therefore might be put off a little more than they would otherwise be. This also prevents Everton, Spurs and other teams coming in and offering increased wages which perhaps we could offer ourselves if our overall wage bill wasn't so high.

just a thought, because I think in this Market Ashley Young is very important to us and should be up there with a decent wage.

General I appreciate you coming on the board and posting you should be commended "whilst flak is flying your replying"

Although there`s still more questions than answers in due course I`m sure they`ll be addressed, I`m just a very worried Villa Fan that`s all.

Enjoy the rest of your day and i`m sure we all on VT await with vested interest ant further developments ( *cough* Martin Jol ) :winkold:

you said MON didnt do nothing to help the wage to revenue costs? what can he do if other clubs are not bidding for players we want off the wage bill?
If the General doesn't mind be answering for him, I would like to offer two answers to that question!

1) Play them.

2) Don't buy them in the first place.

Martin O'Neill was paid to "Manage" the footballing side of the club. If Randy gave him the freedom he wished for to do those deals he felt neccessary to take us further, he must then trust in MON (like the General always said) to "do the right thing".

If Randy then realises that the wage bill is not doing well in comparison with the revenue, which MON apparently knew all about, then surely it is within reason for Randy to address that situtation by telling the "Manager" to manage the situation accordingly and cut the wage bill. If Martin O'Neill was unable to do that then it proves he was not a good "all round" manager.

General, do you think Randy will pay closer attention to the next manager's dealing in the transfer market as a result of what has happened with MON?

General could you clear up a few things about Martin not being willing to ship out fringe players.

Does this mean that reports of sidwell and L. Young being on the verge of leaving were untrue?

Shorey has left and it seems both of those players could have left but circumstances beyond O'Neills control prevented them.

To me that looks like MON was getting rid of 3 players he didn't want in his squad and two of them are suppossed to be on big wages which again was surely what you wanted him to do, no?

It still seems very unclear to me.

I don't want to harp on, but the wage/rev debate...Is this now a rule? If so I imagine Man City are bending it a little!

If funds from Milner's transfer were not going to be released, I think this amounts to the club not backing Martin. He would have been a top earner, I imagine, off the books and according to reports £30million in transfer fee. This also suggests that one of the rare press releases from the owner was hot air.

There are some big questions about the financial future of the club that can be deflected for a while by sniping at the man who has just bailed out, but must be answered at some point soon.

Couldnt have put it better myself.

If our spend has to reflect revenue how on earth does Randy expect us to achieve success. It is clear than we are one of the lesser teams in terms of size and stature.

A professional man like MON doesnt make a decision like this hastily , until the facts emerge rumours are always going to emerge, my opinion is that we will never get the true facts as to why he has left but no players in at this stage of a transfer window is not a good sign. I think your response was very carefully thought out General. Well done.

Hi General,

A member on here 'jas' has heard information which contradicts what you are saying, that the likes of Young andFvriedel are being touted about and that players were being signed that MON didn't want.

Is this the case?

I sincerely hope not!

General, David Moyes or Martin Jol please. That is all.

if Villa got Moyes I think the villa fans would buy Randy a Bugatti Veyron as a present!

This. No chance in hell of Moyes.

General, I know your getting names thrown at you left, right and centre here and I know that you know that only you, Paul and Randy know what's best. Sod the media, I will believe it when I see it.

Hello Gen

Go and get Gus Hiddink... offer him anything and everything to get him, tell him you will build him a house on top of the new North Stand if you have to.

He has already proved he can walk into a premiership club at short notice and turn things around without making any wholesale changes

UTV