General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

General,

this summer has been simply rotten. What is usually a time to imagine what improvements are on the horizon for the forthcoming season has turned into a farce. As the days rolled on the 'sell to buy' rumour became so visible yet the OWNER didnt once come out and say what was happening.

Now it is time to cut the bullshit and be honest. Noone wants the smoke and mirrors approach. If the money isnt there, SELL THE CLUB. Maybe the next owner wont blabber on about a mythical 5 year plan.

Aston Villa..... Prepared? :crylaugh:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May i pass my congratulations on the job you and Randy have done today.

I was looking forward to the season, but now feel like ive been mugged. Im not happy, and i for one, will be making my feelings known on Saturday.

You'll be making your feelings known on Saturday?

How?

I hope you mean by getting behind the team and Kev MacDonald to put in a good performance despite all the nonsense being spouted by the media and our fans.

General,

I'm guessing you won't be online for a while. But can I just let you know that not all Villa fans think that Randy has "ruined our club". I, for one, think that Randy is an excellent owner and I feel lucky to have such a great man at the top! Please accept my apology for the crap that will be sent to you across this thread in the next few days.

We don't all attack our own when something seems to go bad. Just the people who obviously want some blood before they've heard all the details.

Rob

Hi General, i hope you are well! Im sure all this stress isn't helping, but anyway....

personally i have to say i was pretty sick of the style of football under Martin, at first it was an exciting journey, but then when we hit a certain level (6th), we needed to move on and improve our technical ability, i kept hoping each season this would happen but it didn't, and despite being a much better team than n previous years, we had started to stand still. Many of Martin's decisions contributed to this, such as paying wages and sometimes transfer fees that were well over the odds for players he then didn't have the confidence to use. Also over using players, including players that are clearly not good enough for this level. I could go on forever but all i will say, is i am personally happy to see a change, as long as we make the right appointment, not a Southgate or a Curbishley, these kind of managers would do nothing but cause unrest, we have to get a Jol, a Rijkaard or a Hiddink.

I have every faith in Randy and his team to deliver.

No worries about me getting behind the team, since they will need our support during the game and im not a boo boy. But i feel utterly betrayed by the clubs heirachy at the moment, and feel they dont deserve my support.

Villa will be our club long after theyve made their cash and run.

Can I just suggest that people re-read "Cuyahoga" by OBE, and add a little bit of realism and understanding to what it takes to run a solvent football club in these idiotic days of grasping multi millionaire players and greedy parasitic agents. General, common sense is on Randy's side. Keep the faith! utv!

General, may i draw your attention to this quote?

"If Martin wants £30m, Randy will write that cheque"

What happened?

I remember asking that question and the answer being all over the papers the next day. How times change!

General

I think it is vital that we have a statement from Randy Lerner explaining:

-What he is doing to get us a new manager of at least the stature of MON

-what is out approach to the transfer market in the 22 days remaining of this window

-what is his medium/long term investment strategy for AVFC.

I have to say General, despite my earlier post being genuine and from the heart, I am concerned about our great club. The rumours are not good and I think the best thing that Mr Lerner can do now is give some kind of press conference to let the fans know exactly where he stands regarding our club. There was an initial aim of Champions League football within a certain timeframe. If that has changed it would be better for him to be honest with the fans and tell us what his new ambitions are.

It seems that the biggest concerns of the fans now is that we no longer have any ambition to challenge and that we are going to sell our best players without re-investing the money back into the playing side. There are rumours in the morning papers that Friedel and Ash Young are to go as well as Milner. If this is the case, then Mr Lerner needs to be truthful or he will lose the backing of all of the fans, not just some of them. The worse thing that can happen here is that the club loses all it's major assets and we're left with nothing but bunch of average players and a bunch of promising kids.

I haven't lost faith in Randy Lerner, General. But, it would really help my nerves if he could come out and make an heartfelt statement to let us fans know exactly where we stand. I know there has been a lot of hatred shown to Doug Ellis over the years but he was one of our own. Randy is not even English and I can see a lot of people turning against him a lot quicker given that fact and that is why I believe it would serve him well to be honest and try to calm this situation as soon as possible.

Please General, if you can advise Randy Lerner of one thing. Try to get a statement out for the fans, just so that we all know the score.

This needs to be locked for the short term, everyone is going round in circles and I don't think it's fair to vent all this anger at the General, not to mention some of the outrageous and absurd comments by some people.

I'm as confused, angry, disappointed, concerned and frustrated as everyone else but we've just got to wait for when the General feels it appropriate to address us all.

General Krulak here:

1. First the "small stuff"...I mentioned the youth players because of comments I received that our youth were not "part of the Club and could not be counted." That is the only reason. If you had read my comment, you would have understood that to be the case.

2. Martin's decision to leave was just that...his decision. He quit 5 days before the start of the season. He was not pushed out. Rumors that there was a row between Martin and Randy over the sale of players (Young and Friedl) are just that...rumors! There is absolutely no substance to the rumor that Young or Friedl are up for sale!!! Martin's decision was a surprise to the Club. Randy had spoken to Martin last week and over the weekend...and then Randy flew back to the US. This morning we learned that Martin was quiting...Randy is now flying back to the UK. Martin was fully involved in the Milner transfer...from the very beginning. It is a good move when looked at in totality. We have not suddenly become a "selling club"...we have a player who wants to move and we have a solid offer that makes sense. That does not make us a selling club. There is no question that if ANY Club has players that are on the payroll but not playing on the pitch...it is prudent to sell them if possible. As I know I have mentioned many times, a Premiership Club must balance wages vs. revenue...cutting the wages must include the sale of some players...and every club does it. We are NOT selling Young or Friedl. I have also written many times that we are trying to run the Club in a sensible and sustainable manner BUT, at the same time, the amount of money we have spent in the past 4 years should tell everyone that we marry this approach with aggressive ambition!! Some of the comments and some of the rumors have been truly amazing. Randy is not broke! Randy is NOT selling the Villa! Randy has NOT lost interest! I have even seen comments about Randy's divorce and its impact....pure nonsense. Like all of you, I am not privvy to what went through Martin's mind when he made his decision. I am sure that he will have his own views. My only hope is that the media will allow all the facts to emerge vice playing one side or the other. What I do know is that Randy does care deeply about the Villa and about the Fans. I have not posted thousands of posts on multiple sites because I don't care. We will all get through this together...we will get the right man and we will continue to move forward. As I get more info, I will pass it on.

General,

I don't post often on this forum, but I do check reguarly on what is being spoken on the forum.

I have been a Villa supporter for a very long time like most on the site, and we have seen it all before. I'm not going to get into the nuances of the Manager leaving, as I believe I have a good read on what has been going on behind closed doors, and I support the club in their direction.

But what I will say, is that the next step the club takes in appointing a new Manager will define Randy and his ownership of the club. For me there is only one person who can take over from the previous Manager, has the experience and ability to break into the Top 4, is tactically superior and proven over many years at this level, and that is David Moyes.

For me, anything less than David Moyes, and the club will take several steps backwards. he is the only person the fans and more importantly, the players will get behind and have confidence that the club can move forward.

I hope the club makes the right decision.

cheers for that general! we need someone with a bit of ambition, creativity and who isnt stubborn, hot headed and one dimensional in next

where youre gonna find that, i dont know - but onwards and upwards!

Can I say thank you for your post General. I hope you don't let all the anguish get to you as these folks just love the club and are worried for our future.

I will say one thing though. Anyone who says they don't know why they support the Villa needs to look atthemselves and ask if they are a genuine fan. It's not like changing your underwear or your missus. If you only want to support the club when all is rosey then you are in for some disheartening times!

You ask us to trust in Randy. He certainly has my trust to bring in a manager good enough to take us where he is aiming.

Thanks General, for the reassuring words.

Up The Villa!!