General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

Mods,

I value this link to the club and the commitment that the General has shown to us over the past few years. While I fully understand the upset and bewilderment that a lot of fans are feeling today, I feel that numerous posts cross the boundaries of enquiry into very personal comments that are almost insulting. Can I suggest that there are now enough posts to give the General a real feel for fans concerns and that this thread is used only for GK to post info to us at least for the next 48 hours. Respect to the General please.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt MON's biggest fan.. however i am concerned this is all occurred due to the possible sale of Ashley Young. I know its a business and Randy is trying to keep the club afloat and cut the wage bill. It is understandable..

However, If he cannot support the club financially anymore.. he should go. Simple as that. We cannot compete any longer. We cannot just give up after the squad we have and start selling them off. Was that the 5 year plan?

On to the manager, If we sign Bob Bradley or any other friend or American then the fans will lose alot of faith in Randy and the club. I feel we need a big name manager now to keep the players from leaving. Scolari Guss Hiddink.. we cannot afford to sign a manager of Bradleys stature.

I am starting to see why Cleveland Brown fans are so frustrated.........

Hi General,

I hope that some of the harsh words don't drive you away from this site. People are in a state of shock and worried about what is happening at the club. I am sure that you wish you could tell us the truth but I doubt very much that you will be able to. I am sure that deep inside you have often wondered what MON was doing in some games by not changing it when we haven't looked like scoring etc. It's quite obvious that a director of the club can not come onto a fans site and say exactly how he feels. That is how the board of Birmingham City and now West Ham work and we are bigger than that.

I hope that Randy Lerner is sincere about his hopes and ambitions for AVFC. I would hate to feel cheated after buying into the belief that we are on the brink of something major at our football club. I am not ready to give up on him though, not after losing a couple of star players and having his first manager resigning on us. Surely we owe the man more time and opportunity to deliver those good times?

I just hope that Randy Lerner makes the right decision when he appoints MON's replacement. There are lots of experts saying that we won't find anyone better than MON and that we will not be able to achieve a league position that we have reached in the last 3 seasons. MON is gone now and won't be back. It's time to forget the manager and get behind the owner 'cos he is the man who is here and running the club. Yes we should be grateful for MON's achievements with the club but the season is just around the corner and we have to think about that now and not the past.

Randy is the man with the money and the power to bring in the people needed to take us to where we want to be so he is the man who we have to support now and those players who take to the pitch game after game. These are the people who need our support. Let's not do the away fans jobs for them by making things difficult for all those at Villa Park. I am fully behind the people at the club because until they prove to me that they shouldn't be here, they will always have my support.

I promise you General. If Randy brings in the right man and we have a season as good as last season, today will soon be forgotten in a hurry.

A question for you General. Will you, in an advisory capacity, suggest to Randy that it would be a good idea for the new manager to have a scouting system that reaches outside of the British Isles.

Oh, and does Mrs K also have a coaching badge? :winkold:

Up The Villa!!!!

Have listened to rumours galore today but have sat down and thought long and hard and have decided I am behind everything Randy is doing. I hope we get the right man for the job, I hope we can continue to progress and... well, I hope things work out for all.

General Krulak here:

1. There have been some comments about youth and whether they can really be counted as "part of the team" and "part of the bright future." Let me mention a few lads who really can make a difference:

Defouneso: Striker...played for England U 19's and U 21's. Has seen action with the Villa. A real prospect.

Albrighton: Winger...can play on the right or the left. Had a strong pre-season and was just called up for the England U-21's.

Clark: Center back. Former England U-19 Captain. Played for first team in 2-0 win over Fulham last year. Calm and composed as a leader. Is left footed so can play on the left. Captain of the reserve team for past two years.

Weimann: Striker...18 year old Austrian. Scored twice against Walsall in pre-season. Again, a solid prospect.

Lichaj: Full back...can play right or left back. Strong and tough with a good long throw-in capability.

Lowry: Left or centre back. Played on the Australian Squad. On loan to Plymouth and Leeds last season.

Bannan: Midfielder...on loan to Blackpool last season. Very good skill. A little small but has good talent and a strong heart. I have nothing against small people!!!!

Parrish: Keeper who is another product of our Academy and can be superb with experience.

My point is simply this: We have some lads who are waiting in the wings and can be productive. Everyone has to start somewhere...our youth program is a great place to start and can help lead to the bright future.

Any reasons why you suddenly started bigging up youth players like Lowry, Parrish, Weimann and Lichaj just two days before MON goes after what is reported to be a rift between him and the owner regarding money to spend?

Are you preparing us for a future where the seniors who cost quite a bit in salaries are replaced with young and cheap players?

any chance someone can come out and tell us supporters whats going on at our club,you's have turned our club into a bloody joke i hope you guys are happy..5 year plan eh,its all been a lie in my opinion.

Haven't really commented on this thread before General, however I feel compelled to post this.

I have read you say many times, you are on these boards for "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" so please show us fans due respect and don't at the first real time of 'trouble' disappear and not be 'our' point of contact to AVFC. We need some answers and I appreciate you responding in great detail on this board may not be the answer, however, answers are still required. As people have stated in other posts, it really is truly great to be able to discuss ticket issues and the like, however this is where true 'customer relations' show there worth.

Thank you for any response in advance

Matty

Hi General,

Martin O'Neill has resigned and we have to move on as the season and transfer window closure is fast appraoching.

All I ask as a Villa fan is that the club communicate with the fans and reassure the fans of Aston Villa FC ambition and intentions for the future. If Champions League is no long a realistic ambition for the club in this econmic climate maybe this should be communicated to the fans. If not we will all fight on!

Chris

Chris

I ask a question from a different perspective.

I wonder does the club even think the fans have a right to know the truth about the internal workings of the club that we all follow.

I suspect not; and as such, I am much less hopeful that we will ever be told the truth about what happened today.

Now more than ever General we need you to communicate with us. You will no doubt be bombarded with questions and accusations over the coming days , this really is a sorry state of affairs , irrespective of the. Reasons or background to the events that have unfolded. Aston Villa is bigger than any individual, whether that be Randy or MON.

I like most fans hope our 5 year aim if ChMpions League is still an option, but we will need to continue to spend or we are peeing in the wind quite honestly

General,

Happy to keep the faith, this could have happened anytime but just because it has now it doesn't mean the end. The truth would be nice, results on the pitch even better.

AVFC >>>> Any one individual. Please look after it.

Jon

I'll not hammer anyone for anything thats happened yet. The next 3 weeks will define your period in charge of this club. If you can get a proper manager in and not go bargain basement while allowing the new man at the minimum the entire proceeds from the Milner deal to spend I'll see a positive future for the club. If we end up with someone like Bob Bradley with no experience and spend £4m before the window closes that'll tell its own story.

I really hope I end August optimistic.

General you have the ear of Randy Lerner, we the fans and I'm not saying I speak for all of us but a large proportion would very much like his explanation and reassurances. If you could let Randy know that we would very much love to hear from him, tomorrow if possible. I know he is the quiet type and avoids the media but a statement from the owner firstly explaining what has happened and secondly letting us know what we should expect in the coming days weeks and months would be very much appreciated. With Martin O'Neill gone Randy is the voice of Aston Villa that we want to hear, not Paul Falkner, not the captain Petrov, not even our beloved General but the head honcho himself.

If there are to be difficult times ahead, we need to know it. If we are getting a bright new start to be excited by, we need to know it.

Anyone who believes the General will be on these boards in the next few weeks is deluded! He can't/ won't answer any questions and will continue to drip feed the 'we love the club PR' that he has done so for years. But it is clear the boardroom has interfered at a playing level and that is unacceptable at ANY club. Not saying this as a massive MON fan or anything but there is absolutely no excuse for losing your manager days before the start of the new season.

No players will join a rudderless ship and I'm sure a few will leave which will ultimately please the accountants. No manager before transfer window closes.

Villa will survive but I suspect a little asset stripping will now start before the inevitable sale to whoever wants a new toy so our American friends can make some money.

Villa were bought very cheap in the grand scheme of things and there is a very healthy profit to be made on resale.

Well done Board, you've actually managed to tarnish your image as the only foreign owners who understood 'soccer'. MON is not blameless but why couldn't this have been done in May - the timing is UNACCEPTABLE. And I feel free to vent as the General will give only political PR answers that answer nothing. Goodbye MON, goodbye Milner, goodbye Young (?) hello.... oh yeah, nobody.

Oh and I'm off to the bookies to put cash on Bradley taking over....

May i pass my congratulations on the job you and Randy have done today.

I was looking forward to the season, but now feel like ive been mugged. Im not happy, and i for one, will be making my feelings known on Saturday.

I will be going to Newcasle away aswell, but if this ridiculous, and frankly, outragious situation is not put right, or a satisfactory responce recieved, then you can stick it from me for the rest of season.

We are a football club, not a bankers plaything.

EDIT

Also, my anger is increasing by the hour. Ive never felt as low as this since Doug Ellis. Five year plans?

Complete dribble :(