The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s a rematch, where does AJ go if he loses again?

I genuinely don't even think he should take the rematch, for his own good.

Just needs to hang it up.

It appears the fight left him about 20 mill ago.

He's seeming like a better looking Frank Bruno these days.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The more I think about it the more I think that Joshua will just walk him down As I do not believe Usyk has the power to worry him. It will take him a little while to work him out so I am going round 6, 7 or 8 Joshua by TKO. This is not a reflection of how good Ursk is because at cruiser weight he is untouchable. Just do not believe he’s big enough mix it with the superheavy’s 

This has aged well, Was never any doubt about the lads ability but to carry it’s up to heavy with that type of dominant performance👏👏👏👏Answered a lot of questions this evening 

• Like 1

Nah.  AJ isn't Lennox Lewis but he's been a good champion.  He's got good wins over legit guys like Whyte, Parker and obviously Klitschko.  We don't need knee jerk revisionists saying he was always crap because that's not the case.  Fury's probably the best guy from this era and I think prime Fury can hang in any era.

It will be interesting to see where Usyk goes next (as in next new opponent, the rematch clause is there but it's boring to talk about right now) because I'm not sure how he beats Fury but he's good enough to beat anybody else in the division.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

And let us just be honest here: Joshua has been overrated since he turned pro just because he's British.

He hasn’t. If hype is becoming a 2 time unified HW champ, fair enough. All these hindsight merchants pop up after the event. Same as when Hamed lost to Barrera. He was a hypejob etc etc. Again, he wasn’t. Incredible fighter. Beat some great featherweights. Why can’t we just acknowledge they weren’t good enough and beaten by better men on the night without pissing over there careers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

This has aged well, Was never any doubt about the lads ability but to carry it’s up to heavy with that type of dominant performance👏👏👏👏Answered a lot of questions this evening 

A lot of people got carried away because they thought Usyk struggled with Chisora. He won comfortably but Chisora is awkward for anyone. Walks people down. Joshua tried to outbox a boxer. Silly. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He hasn’t. If hype is becoming a 2 time unified HW champ, fair enough. All these hindsight merchants pop up after the event. Same as when Hamed lost to Barrera. He was a hypejob etc etc. Again, he wasn’t. Incredible fighter. Beat some great featherweights. Why can’t we just acknowledge they weren’t good enough and beaten by better men on the night without pissing over there careers.

I am not pissing on his career pal, he is a good fighter, I just don't think he as good as people thought he was. Not taking away from his accomplishments. He could never live up to the hype he was given though that's mainly what I'm saying.

Would love to have seen Fury's reaction as millions go down the plughole. Easy to say in hindsight I know but Joshua has been overrated as he is marketable and a good guy. Afraid to go into boxing wars after Ruiz but surely should have used his natural weight advantage versus a cruiserweight tonight. 

To lose one may be regarded as a misfortune, to lose two looks like carelessness. Losing twice in 2 years at your supposed peak is not a sign of a top quality boxer I am afraid.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Would love to have seen Fury's reaction as millions go down the plughole. Easy to say in hindsight I know but Joshua has been overrated as he is marketable and a good guy. Afraid to go into boxing wars after Ruiz but surely should have used his natural weight advantage versus a cruiserweight tonight. 

To lose one may be regarded as a misfortune, to lose two looks like carelessness. Losing twice in 2 years at your supposed peak is not a sign of a top quality boxer I am afraid.

See the thing is, it's not even just the losing, it's the manner of.

Just like how with football, we sometimes will go home happy with a loss.

AJ hasn't even performed like an aggressive Heavyweight since the stun by Ruiz. Tonight he was timid, as if he was the smaller guy.

You watch serial losers like Derek Chisora, Carlos Takam and you never mind seeing then fight again, or ever leave their fights thinking " that was a gutless performance ".

Even better example, if you ever watched an Evander Holyfield fight, even when he lost, it was pure war.

AJ is too nice, and has a glass jaw, he's a gentle giant, bit a warrior. IMO

7 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Hatton’s kid would want to give this game up. Schooled by a journeyman tonight and got the W. The push he’s getting is insane. He’s quite awful. They know they can’t step him up anytime soon.

I thought he lost 5 rounds, no idea how he won that fight.

I must be a cynical old dinosaur, just re-watching Usyk and the whole night is pathetic. 

Much like the way the scum12 want to take football, the whole spurs stadium extravaganza was sickening to watch, pathetic ring walks for none fight fans, our national anthem going for a failed old USA patriotic route, I often watch a USA national anthem and get taken in by a real sense of pride, especially when it's a singer from the forces, you can feel the emotion,fairplay. Ours is crap, there were probably a dozen people in the place who give a **** about our Queen (I'm English).

The whole thing was a cash cow mega money product vs a fighter and obviously a real fighter will prevail. I was happy to see Usyk stick it up us so easily, what a fighter.

Last night was all about money, glitz, attracting a strictly come dancing, or whatever fan, to something else, come and spend your money on this too. We have our global superstar, stick on a shit undercard that will have stoppages, yay, they'll like stoppages, and have a great night, one problem, they eventually run out of hand picked opponents to milk the money out of it, they eventually have to put their product in with a fighter.

Load of tosh, we'll done Usyk, boxing 1, corporate greed 0.

• Like 1

Â