The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

What a punch - the baddest man in heavyweight boxing does it again.

It's a division of pussycats to be honest. Wilder yet again exposed and looked pathetic for 6 and half rounds, Fury made him look pathetic for 10. Joshua is a pampered diva who isn't anywhere near as good as he thinks and looks mentally weak. Fury has no punch and chases awful opposition. 

For all the hype this division gets it's one big underwhelming mess. Lewis would take all three of the best heavyweights from this era out on the same night. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's a division of pussycats to be honest. Wilder yet again exposed and looked pathetic for 6 and half rounds, Fury made him look pathetic for 10. Joshua is a pampered diva who isn't anywhere near as good as he thinks and looks mentally weak. Fury has no punch and chases awful opposition. 

For all the hype this division gets it's one big underwhelming mess. Lewis would take all three of the best heavyweights from this era out on the same night. 

The two things Wilder has though is a fairly solid chin and tremendous power. If your going to have two things in heavyweight boxing then these two are not the bad for starters.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, KHV said:

The two things Wilder has though is a fairly solid chin and tremendous power. If your going to have two things in heavyweight boxing then these two are not the bad for starters.

Absolutely. He's not a great boxer but with a punch like that, unless he's flat on his back, he can always end a fight. The fact he was behind on the cards wasn't shocking. Fury would probably outbox him in the rematch, but that power....

Best fight you've seen that probably went under the radar a bit and didn't get the media attention it deserved ? If you've got a spare 40 minutes this evening check out Tomasz Adamek v Paul Briggs ( their first fight ) An absolute thing of beauty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Best fight you've seen that probably went under the radar a bit and didn't get the media attention it deserved ? If you've got a spare 40 minutes this evening check out Tomasz Adamek v Paul Briggs ( their first fight ) An absolute thing of beauty.

First one that springs to mind for me was John Molina Jr.v Lucas Matthysse in 2014, a proper brawl.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a dull build up this has been to Joshua-Ruiz. It's just not a very good fight. Joshua just needs to keep it long, even Parker could do that against Ruiz and won, and Parker isn't that good. I want to see Joshua - Fury at some stage next year though so yeah, hope Joshua wins.

31 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What a dull build up this has been to Joshua-Ruiz. It's just not a very good fight. Joshua just needs to keep it long, even Parker could do that against Ruiz and won, and Parker isn't that good. I want to see Joshua - Fury at some stage next year though so yeah, hope Joshua wins.

I want to see Ruiz beat AJ so we can finally put the AJ hype bandwagon to bed

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KHV said:

I want to see Ruiz beat AJ so we can finally put the AJ hype bandwagon to bed

It's already over really but I look at this fight and just don't trust it. It's firstly in one of the most backward and corrupt countries in the world, there's career high money on the table for both fighters, Ruiz looks fatter than ever as well. I view it with suspicion. 

Joshua is going in very light, looking to box and move, I don't think he can sustain this over the fight. Ruiz has very fast hands, adjusts and can get in on Joshua. I also feel like Ruiz takes Joshua's punch better than Joshua takes Ruiz' punch, that was at least evident from the first fight. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's already over really but I look at this fight and just don't trust it. It's firstly in one of the most backward and corrupt countries in the world, there's career high money on the table for both fighters, Ruiz looks fatter than ever as well. I view it with suspicion. 

Joshua is going in very light, looking to box and move, I don't think he can sustain this over the fight. Ruiz has very fast hands, adjusts and can get in on Joshua. I also feel like Ruiz takes Joshua's punch better than Joshua takes Ruiz' punch, that was at least evident from the first fight. 

If he loses again tonight I think he will hang up his gloves

He is already with £40m and will double that tonight

I think Ruiz is heavy as I think he feels he can walk through AJ and hit him harder when he gets to him. I'm not convinced by Joshua boxing and moving, he has lost weight but he has always seemed very mechanical in a kind of Frank Bruno kind of way

So who we going for. It's been driving me insane the way Eddie Hearn is making out it's the fight of the century. He's blatantly doing it for himself rather than actual boxing lately.

I feel a Joshua win, as Hearn will not wanna lose Joshua, he makes him to much money and it's all corrupt being in the middle east anyway. Ruiz will be more than happy to lose for £40 million. I doubt it will be a early knock out, they will want there moneys worth, the stadium has been knocked up in 2 months specially for this.

The real fight tonight will be between the part of me that loves world title fights and the part that hates everything about Saudi Arabia.

As always I'll be rooting for the ladies who who remind the crowd what numbers are between rounds.

16 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The real fight tonight will be between the part of me that loves world title fights and the part that hates everything about Saudi Arabia.

As always I'll be rooting for the ladies who who remind the crowd what numbers are between rounds.

They may be covered up tonight.

Â