The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

23 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Now actually appearing in the ring too rather than just mucking about on the mic. He has an actual WWE wrestling match scheduled in Saudi Arabia on halloween.  Could easily result in injury if he isn't careful

For UFC fans Brock Lesnar is "fighting" Cain Velasquez on the same show

He’s putting a lot of effort into cracking America and become adopted by them.

Very comfortable win for usyk on his heavyweight debut.

Apparently next fight for winner of aj or Ruiz. He will beat Ruiz with ease. Aj looks like a mammoth next to him so don't see how uysk can really hurt aj. 

Although aj does struggle against smaller guys for some reason.

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently next fight for winner of aj or Ruiz. He will beat Ruiz with ease. Aj looks like a mammoth next to him so don't see how uysk can really hurt aj. 

He’s mandatory for it, but wouldn’t be surprised to see him have one more fight at hw beforehand. Maybe even on the card of the Joshua fight 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Another way to look at it is, how will AJ manage to hit Usyk

• Like 1

If the 12 million dollars figure is correct I guess you can't really blame Fury for doing what he's doing with the wwe. I know it is scripted and will be rehearsed but it's still two 6'9 18 stone+ guys throwing each other around and Fury isn't exactly most athletic guy out there. Things can, and do go wrong reasonably often even with pros who have been doing it for years and are masters in knowing how to make sure they get hurt as little as possible. Would be very easy for him to injure himself simply by being in slightly the wrong position at any given time.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I don’t see how fury losing to strowman helps his imagine in the states

Who said he is losing? 😉 2 million+ people in the states who would more than likely not have a clue who he was a week ago now know who he is and that he is/was a world heavyweight boxing champion. If he puts on an entertaining show and people like him I'm sure there will be more interest in his next fight and if he wants to do the tv talk show circuit he is an awful lot easier for them to sell to execs/advertisers now with quite literally millions of people seeing him on their screens every few days

16 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Who said he is losing? 😉 2 million+ people in the states who would more than likely not have a clue who he was a week ago now know who he is and that he is/was a world heavyweight boxing champion. If he puts on an entertaining show and people like him I'm sure there will be more interest in his next fight and if he wants to do the tv talk show circuit he is an awful lot easier for them to sell to execs/advertisers now with quite literally millions of people seeing him on their screens every few days

Can't see him winning unless someone interferes. Strowman is built up like a unstoppable monster yet fury who has never wrestled beats him?

Strange match. Would have made more sense if he was going up with someone abit smaller.

Like someone will interfere and give fury the win. Maybe Wyatt?

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Fury will win this

Fury was 9/2 about a week ago when I looked at the odds on Paddy Power so it seems to be expected that he loses.

(no I don't watch it but was certain that the WWE guy would win, why would they let Fury in and have him beat one of their top guys, makes no sense).

22 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Fury was 9/2 about a week ago when I looked at the odds on Paddy Power so it seems to be expected that he loses.

(no I don't watch it but was certain that the WWE guy would win, why would they let Fury in and have him beat one of their top guys, makes no sense).

re-match

Beterbiev was super impressive last night. Gvozdyk is absolutely no joke and a top light-heavy. I thought Beterbiev would struggle but it was a compelling and even fight 8 rounds in but Beterbiev's power and body work broke his opponent down. He has a lot of power but uses it intelligently. Hopefully he fights Bivol soon.

12 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Beterbiev was super impressive last night. Gvozdyk is absolutely no joke and a top light-heavy. I thought Beterbiev would struggle but it was a compelling and even fight 8 rounds in but Beterbiev's power and body work broke his opponent down. He has a lot of power but uses it intelligently. Hopefully he fights Bivol soon.

He's a bad man. Sick power.

Â