The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

See this upcoming Ortiz wilder rematch as a waste of time. Ortiz rocked wilder in 7th and still couldn't drop him. Wilder caught him once and it was game over. Same again but alot quicker. I reckon 3 rounds tops wilder win.

Then we get the fury rematch at last.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

There's a confidence that oozes out of Prograis that is a little scary. If anyone can beat him, it's Taylor. 

Watched back Prograis-Flanagan last night. Now, Flanagan was coming off the tight loss to Hooker but still a very good fighter. Was dealt the most one sided beating your likely to see in recent times, against Prograis. 

Bit of a strange card this, just a load of random fights with no real sensible reason for any of them other than to try & sell tickets/ppvs by cramming as many British boxers with reasonable followings in as possible

Edited by LakotaDakota

15 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Price Needs to retire , his complete lack of conditioning will get him badly injured or worse at some point

Same issues throughout his career. Terrible conditioning and zero boxing IQ, no jab, nothing, I absolutely despise him and wish he was getting carted out on a stretcher. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Prograis is a hype job

I don't agree. I think he's very good and he'd beat the other belt holder in the division ramirez. He tried to get by on pure boxing ability tonight and after 5 rounds it looked like he might do. Taylor bit down and grinded it out. Thought Prograis won but close fight.

9 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I don't agree. I think he's very good and he'd beat the other belt holder in the division ramirez. He tried to get by on pure boxing ability tonight and after 5 rounds it looked like he might do. Taylor bit down and grinded it out. Thought Prograis won but close fight.

It was a 'meh' fight, competitive but I wasn't massively impressed with either. Prograis has some nice movement and quickness but keeps his right hand too low and doesn't appear to be especially thoughtful. It's a weak division these days.

Â