The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Don't see how that's possible, some hometown cooking in play there. 

He was 1 or 2 points behind at the end of round 7 - I reckon the 8th was about even and he won the 9th and 10th - he was on course to win it if it went to the cards in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He was 1 or 2 points behind at the end of round 7 - I reckon the 8th was about even and he won the 9th and 10th - he was on course to win it if it went to the cards in my opinion.

Wladimir was winning by two rounds going into the 11th IMO. Don't see how the knockdown round (when Joshua first knocked Wlad down) could be 10-8 since Wlad spent most of that round beating him up and he was out on his feet, the sort of round you'd give Wlad 10-8 if he weren't knocked down.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

5 minutes ago, villakram said:

Great fight... he'll make mincemeat of Wilder when he recovers. He won't take too many more shots like that in his career, a truly defining fight.

As ever, if Wilder lands one of those dumbass windmills he will win but other than Joshua should destroy him, Fury on the other hand has a great chance of beating Joshua, just by jabbing, feinting and moving the entire fight. 

Â