The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I think that they are referring to his missus fleecing him for every penny that he owned.

Best part about it was the little exchange between him and Hearn that went something along the lines of this

Haye - If your Dad was still around then I'd be working for Matchroom

Hearn - You are working for Matchroom...Because you are skint

I can't stand Hearn but I will take him any day over that absolute word removed David Haye

The whole thing is farcical though, I'll watch the build up but I won't pay a penny to watch it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There seems to be a number of hints in the that press conference hat Haye's life outside the ring has a few issues.

He's been having financial issues for years and has at various points been in significant debt, despite grossing £10m for the Klitsckho fight alone.

18 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I know the Joshua fight will be an absolute one sided LOLfest, but is there anything worth watching on the undercard? Not like I'm planning on paying the mug off fee for it, I'll watch it, erm, by other means - I'm just wondering if it's going to be worth staying in for. 

Eric Molina shouldn't be sharing a ring with a world champ and in all likelihood he will get bombed out early, however there's a little bit about him which although doesn't by any means make him a dark horse, does suggest he might land a couple of decent shots. He gave Wilder a lot of problems and managed to rock him in a recent bout. 

AJ needs a good chin check, he hasn't really fought good enough opponents to do so, so that chin is going to be a question mark in my mind. Whyte rocked him quite bad in their fight and it's clear to me that Whyte isn't an especially powerful heavyweight, suggesting that AJ isn't that blessed in the chin department. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Hmm, so it might be worth a watch then. I was going off the 1/50 odds on Bet365 for Joshua to win. 

Anything on the undercard worth watching? 

I;d still follow the bookies odds on this one, most likely outcome is AJ winning by KO within 7 rounds. Undercard has Whyte vs Chisora, which based on the pre-fight stuff will be a very tasty one. But no way is this card PPV worthy.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I;d still follow the bookies odds on this one, most likely outcome is AJ winning by KO within 7 rounds. Undercard has Whyte vs Chisora, which based on the pre-fight stuff will be a very tasty one. But no way is this card PPV worthy.

Has Hearn ever promoted anything that was ppv worthy?

On 09/12/2016 at 15:10, Dr_Pangloss said:

By very tasty do you mean that they will come out throwing bombs with their feather fists before tiring massively in the 3rd round and then hugging and mauling each other until there is a points victory?

I spotted that Luiz Ortiz is on the undercard, why has Hearn brought him over? The Klit fight with AJ looks all but confirmed for April so are we looking at Ortiz v Price maybe?

I didn't realise when I posted that earlier that Ortiz was fighting the white rhino, I thought he was taking time out because he was depressed, I like Allen, he isn't any good but the man has got a chin and a half on him

Edited by leemond2008

Â