The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Eggington is fighting Paulie.

Kind of wish Paulie would stick to commentating i think he's quite good at it and he's done as a pro boxer.

Khan apparently demanded 70 - 30 split for the Khan v Brook fight,

Not sure how considering Kell is actually champion a paper one but a champion none the less more than can be said for Khan at the moment.

Edited by AshVilla

19 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Kind of wish Paulie would stick to commentating i think he's quite good at it and he's done as a pro boxer.

Not sure how considering Kell is actually champion a paper one but a champion none the less more than can be said for Khan at the moment.

Khan is the most delusional boxer on the planet. Demanding a 70 -30 split is ridiculous. Someone needs to point out to Mr Khan than he has been dropped by Drizlane, Limmond, Gomez, Prescott x2, Garcia x3, Diaz, Canelo.

Khan is the only person that believes his own hype these days, hence he never gets the fights he wants

4 hours ago, KHV said:

Khan is the most delusional boxer on the planet. Demanding a 70 -30 split is ridiculous. Someone needs to point out to Mr Khan than he has been dropped by Drizlane, Limmond, Gomez, Prescott x2, Garcia x3, Diaz, Canelo.

Khan is the only person that believes his own hype these days, hence he never gets the fights he wants

Although the Khan brand is hardly at it's peak, he certainly is the bigger draw both in the UK and abroad, Brook is still a minor player and best known for getting beat to a pulp by Golovkin. 

That said, I'm old school about these things and I think this sort of stuff is simply anti-sport. They should just fight for a sensible purse and get it on, there's only one winner in this, and that's Brook, and it would finish inside the distance. 

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Although the Khan brand is hardly at it's peak, he certainly is the bigger draw both in the UK and abroad, Brook is still a minor player and best known for getting beat to a pulp by Golovkin. 

That said, I'm old school about these things and I think this sort of stuff is simply anti-sport. They should just fight for a sensible purse and get it on, there's only one winner in this, and that's Brook, and it would finish inside the distance. 

I think people are growing tired of Khan to be honest, he speaks constant crap and spends 80% of his talking about Mayweather and Pacman neither of whom have any interest in him.

I think Brook beats Khan, I think he beats him easily. Khan has been found out far too many times now. Personally I'd like to see him give up

1 hour ago, KHV said:

I think people are growing tired of Khan to be honest, he speaks constant crap and spends 80% of his talking about Mayweather and Pacman neither of whom have any interest in him.

I think Brook beats Khan, I think he beats him easily. Khan has been found out far too many times now. Personally I'd like to see him give up

I dunno, remember, Khan has had that operation which has left him with bionic fists, he's only been punching with 30% power for the last 8 years or something like that :lol:

On 25 January 2017 at 17:59, AshVilla said:

Khan should be taking the 30% in my view

6 hours ago, KHV said:

You misspelt my name...unless you was saying it with a French accent

• Like 1

Santa Cruz had too much for him, I scored it 116-112 to him, Frampton just couldn't get beyond his reach enough, and his attacks were too often too basic, needed to throw more shorter punches and uppercuts. Good fight though but needs to be much better tactically the third time around if he's to win. 

Well worth watching this knock out of Dejan Zlaticanin by Mikey Garcia:

Garcia really is a terrific boxer, this is going to be a big year for him after a lot of inactivity due to contractual disputes. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He already has moved up, he fights at 140lbs now and will probably go to 147. Garcia has the frame to go to 140 but 147 probably a bridge too far.

I gotta admit I thought Garcia was at 140, Bud hasn't actually taken the step up to 147 yet has he but it's only a matter of time.

So may weather says he is likely to come out of retirement to fight mcgregor. Can't think of a easier boxing fight for mayweather while he makes a absolute fortune. Probably last a few rounds max. Obviously if this was a mma fight mayweather wouldn't even last a round

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So may weather says he is likely to come out of retirement to fight mcgregor. Can't think of a easier boxing fight for mayweather while he makes a absolute fortune. Probably last a few rounds max. Obviously if this was a mma fight mayweather wouldn't even last a round

Anyone who buys that PPV is a stupid **** word removed. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I really cannot stand the McGregor brand/hype. Really wish he would disappear.

what is there to understand?

He's Connor McGregor, people tell you to like him therfore you should.

On a serious note I've never seen him fight, I've only seen him sparring on youtube and based on what I saw pretty much any professional boxer who is at least semi decent wouldn't have much problem putting him away.

1 minute ago, leemond2008 said:

what is there to understand?

He's Connor McGregor, people tell you to like him therfore you should.

On a serious note I've never seen him fight, I've only seen him sparring on youtube and based on what I saw pretty much any professional boxer who is at least semi decent wouldn't have much problem putting him away.

It's like he's trying brand himself as the next next "money" Mayweather without actually having the money or the record. Wasn't he defeated 2 fights ago? 

I just wish FM would tell him to jog on and then ignore him.

The fight shouldn't happen for the good of boxing

Floyd gets beat ''Well this just proves MMA is better''

Floyd wins ''Floyds too much of a pussy to fight him in a cage because MMA is better''

boxing is becoming too much like the WWE for my liking and shit like this just makes it even worse

17 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

The fight shouldn't happen for the good of boxing

Floyd gets beat ''Well this just proves MMA is better''

Floyd wins ''Floyds too much of a pussy to fight him in a cage because MMA is better''

boxing is becoming too much like the WWE for my liking and shit like this just makes it even worse

Agreed. For me kel brook deserves a shot more than mcegregor as this will be so one sided.

but for the love of god can they then have a mma match once mayweather wins?!

Â