The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

BJ has always been shit. David Haye would absolutely decapitate Bellew, ridiculous mis-match. 

Bellew is playing it quite smart though, it's nice to see somone calling Haye out for his pathetic comeback and about how he is conning the public, Bellew is doing the exact same thing though, he knows that Haye will smash him but there is no money in the CW division so he can jump up take on Haye for a big pay day then drop back down to CW and keep his belt, all the while conning the public into believing they are going to see a competative grudge match.

I despise Haye so I thought the rant was brilliant, even if the whole thing had been scripted and set up before the fight even started.

Haye is going to talk his way into a big fight for one of the vacant belts though which is a **** joke considering what he has done over the last how many years

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is haye fighting Briggs? If he wins that then knock out bellew and go onto go fight Joshua 

Briggs wanted the fight to happen on PPV which obviously will never happen so that fight won't happen. Haye will fight some other mug before probably fighting Bellew. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Provisionally I'd pick Wladimir to win that one. 

Surprising. Nothing to suggest he has anything left to beat a guy who is far too quick and heavy handed for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why wouldn't it happen?

As per David Haye, he was happy to fight him on Dave but Briggs wanted it on PPV (potentially his last fight so wants a big pay day). But there is no demand for it to be a PPV bout. 

2 hours ago, West said:

Surprising. Nothing to suggest he has anything left to beat a guy who is far too quick and heavy handed for him. 

If Wladimir establishes his jab then it will be a long night, plus he still has excellent power, and there are question marks about AJ's chin, he was hurt very bad by Whyte and it's clear Whyte isn't much of a puncher. 

The big reason I see Wlad having a lot of success is that unlike Fury, AJ is a highly structured, basic fighter, he does all the fundamentals well but does nothing off the cuff. This will enable Wlad to get in far more of a rhythm, whereas Fury was continually making Wlad reset his feet and feinted him out of letting his hands go. 

It's a risk betting on Wlad as it's true that we do not know how much he has left in the tank and he looked very poor in his last two fights, plus Wlad does have a very weak chin so won't take too much to get him out of there but I still personally think he has a fair amount left and AJ has never even fought a world class heavyweight yet.  

Delighted to see Gavin get smashed up. He's an utter word removed. He has got decent skills, but no power and absolutely horrific conditioning. I personally know (and have seen) the sort of 'stuff' he gets up to outside of the ring, so it's no surprise he is getting stopped by body shots and getting ground down like he did. 

9 hours ago, AshVilla said:

What a shocker from Anthony Agogo

He's shite and always has been. He literally has no ability at all, not much power (KO record inflated by fighting journeymen), not much heart, and not much in the way of skill - awful, awful footwork and low ring IQ. Up until now he has gotten by on athleticism alone. Yesterday he was hurt bad by a guy with 3 KO's, and was out thought throughout the fight. At 27 years old it's safe to say he won't amount to anything, back to doing TV work if he can still get it.

Â