The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Khan looked like a blown up welterweight on the scales - his legs are really skinny which may help with his strategy of running throughout the fight, but I really don't anticipate him to take the punch well. 

I expect Khan to hydrate into the low 160s, whilst Canelo will rehydrate to the mid 170s. The weight difference will be enormous. 

Canelo looked drained tho, hes had to cut 15lbs at least to get to 155. Khan has bulked up well imo

1 hour ago, YGabbana said:

Canelo looked drained tho, hes had to cut 15lbs at least to get to 155. Khan has bulked up well imo

He always looks drained. He appears to be able to cope with it. In fact his stamina issues have improved in his last few fights. 

Beautiful stuff, pretty much as I predicted. Khan get's folded, Hunter is an overrated trainer too. It was madness to take this fight and that KO will shave a year or so off Khan's career.

Khan really should look at retiring now. He has been KO'd 3 times, all 3 brutal if their own right, and has been knocked down more than 10 times. If he really wants to have one more fight he should cash out against Brook although the result will be the same, Khan getting bodied.

That fight with GGG needs to happen, GGG will systematically destroy Canelo and knock him out.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

hes never been able to take a punch.

Tbf that punch would of Ko'd anybody.

Not nice seeing a guy KO'd like that imo even Canelo kneeled down beside him to see if he was ok. His head seemed to hit the canvas hard

I'm not sure it would have KO'd anyone, Khan has a very poor chin so the impact is amplified by both that and the weight differential. 

Can't wait for GGG to decapitate that ginger coward. The Khan fight was a total farce and only ever had one outcome.

I'm not sure it would have KO'd anyone, Khan has a very poor chin so the impact is amplified by both that and the weight differential. 

Can't wait for GGG to decapitate that ginger coward. The Khan fight was a total farce and only ever had one outcome.

Was a full power punch with a body swing motion and caught the chin clean, would KO anybody imo.

I can see Canelo ducking GGG once again but i hope it happens would be a monster of a fight.

I really do not rate Hunter as a trainer at all, he lucked out with Ward, he has done a shitty job with his other fighters.

Khan hasn't improved at all under him, selection of very poor (or stylistically favourable) opposition made Khan look good (Alexander, Collazo) but that masked over the fact he went life and death with Julio Diaz and Chris Algieri. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I really do not rate Hunter as a trainer at all, he lucked out with Ward, he has done a shitty job with his other fighters.

Khan hasn't improved at all under him, selection of very poor (or stylistically favourable) opposition made Khan look good (Alexander, Collazo) but that masked over the fact he went life and death with Julio Diaz and Chris Algieri. 

Was discussing this with my mates after the fight. Khan is simply untrainable imo. He lacks the ring inteligence and simple defence. When you see the slow mo of the KO he pushes his hands down and outwards instead of up tight to protect himself. I dont think any coach can change that

Khan - Brook and GGG - Canelo would be great fights for later in the year.  Dunno if either will happen because of politics (De La Hoya basically knows Canelo can make a ton of money beating bums and gatekeepers so why risk a fight like GGG?) but I think the public want to see both. 

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

Khan - Brook and GGG - Canelo would be great fights for later in the year.  Dunno if either will happen because of politics (De La Hoya basically knows Canelo can make a ton of money beating bums and gatekeepers so why risk a fight like GGG?) but I think the public want to see both. 

Khan would be well advised to take a year off after getting put to sleep like that. Brook is going to knock him out, so back to back KO's in such a short space of time would actually have me genuinely worried for him.

2 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Was discussing this with my mates after the fight. Khan is simply untrainable imo. He lacks the ring inteligence and simple defence. When you see the slow mo of the KO he pushes his hands down and outwards instead of up tight to protect himself. I dont think any coach can change that

You're right, he's a total dumbass. But what I was saying is more of an antidote to the press who were trying to say what a great job Hunter has done and how he's now a 'new' fighter. 

Same old Khan gets exposed for the same old flaws. 

• Like 1

You're right, he's a total dumbass. But what I was saying is more of an antidote to the press who were trying to say what a great job Hunter has done and how he's now a 'new' fighter. 

Same old Khan gets exposed for the same old flaws. 

Should just retire now imo. Hes still young and a multimillionaire. No need for him to fight on

1 hour ago, YGabbana said:

Tbf that punch would of Ko'd anybody.

Not nice seeing a guy KO'd like that imo even Canelo kneeled down beside him to see if he was ok. His head seemed to hit the canvas hard

maybe so but everyone knows he cant take a punch.

It crossed my mind this morning but I just checked and yes, Chris Paper Hands Algieri rocked Khan with almost the identical punch in round one of their fight:

Algieri does the same movement, feints with the left hook, gets low and brings the over hand right over right onto Khan's chin. 

Perhaps Canelo's team worked on this set up in training, eerily similar isn't it? 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â