The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

You just know he was poor when he has to complain about home advantage. Everyone in boxing knows, if it's close home advantage comes into play. He should've done more to make sure it didn't end like this. People thought he was a possible fight for Mayweather hahahah. Mayweather probably sitting at home now laughing.

You just know he was poor when he has to complain about home advantage. Everyone in boxing knows, if it's close home advantage comes into play. He should've done more to make sure it didn't end like this. People thought he was a possible fight for Mayweather hahahah. Mayweather probably sitting at home now laughing.

Don't think Mayweather is laughing tbh. There are only two challenges out there for Mayweather and that's Pacquiao and Martinez. Anyone else he fights is for a pay check. If Khan won this fight it would set up a fight with Mayweather which would mean big bucks for both parties. This opportunity has now gone for the time being. Khan was an easy big pay check for Mayweather but not anymore!

The referee was poor but Khan didn't impress me alot during the fight. He started well but that was about it. I've never been a big fan of him. The only reason that I watched it was because I had just finished watching UFC and I happened to be channel surfing when Khan was making his entrance so I thought **** it I'll watch it. Boxing judges never cease to amaze me. How one of the judges had it 114-111 to Khan even after the two point deductions is beyond me.

He will get a rematch in Vegas and win convincingly. He takes too much of a beating and brawls too much for no real reason. He just looks like an idiot and he lost rounds. He still obviously feels as though he needs to prove he has a chin when he doesn't need to!

This fight will easily be forgotten as next Saturday its COBRA TIME!

Watched it this morning on a HBO feed.

The commentators thought the points deductions were very very harsh and said they would have raised an eyebrow had the points deductions come against an American fighter in Britain. They had Khan winning the fight even with the points deductions. They made the point that a timeout and a final warning is usually called before deducting points for such a minor misdemeanor.

Khan will get a rematch. If he wins convincingly like I think he will, this will be forgotten about.

Amir Khan has said on twitter that the fight is 99% done for 31st March. Hope it is in Vegas, can see Khan winning a land slide UD. His tactics were too immature, all he had to do is go in with the combos and then take two steps back. Let Peterson walk onto his jabs. Very frustrating but then again it looks easier from the sofa then it does being on the receiving end of those punches!

I think this solves the question about Ricky Hatton, Hatton would have pressurized him and destroyed him!

I don't think there was a problem with the tactics. It wasn't like Khan wanted to fight on the ropes, he was just forced to by the stronger man. You can't flurry and run all night against an opponent like that.

Maybe. Khan is the more technically gifted fighter. He is also quicker and has better footwork. I think he could have and should have performed better. I don't want to sound like I'm taking anything away from Peterson, he fought very well and deserves his titles!

I don't think there was a problem with the tactics. It wasn't like Khan wanted to fight on the ropes, he was just forced to by the stronger man. You can't flurry and run all night against an opponent like that.

Maybe. Khan is the more technically gifted fighter. He is also quicker and has better footwork. I think he could have and should have performed better. I don't want to sound like I'm taking anything away from Peterson, he fought very well and deserves his titles!

I disagree. I thought Peterson was technically better. He was more accurate and had more authority to his shots. I think his footwork is better as well which is one of the reasons he could trap Khan on the ropes so easily. Yes, Khan has quick feet but his foot placement is poor which leads to him falling off balance and squaring up on the inside.

Boxrec"]Chisora to fight Vitali Klitschko in February, according to German newspaper

German national newspaper Bild is reporting that Vitali Klitschko will box Londoner Dereck Chisora next February.

According to them, the WBC heavyweight champion will defend his title at Munich's Olympic Hall on Saturday 18th February.

Chisora looked desperately unlucky to lose by split decision when travelling to Finland earlier this month to challenge Robert Helenius for his European title.

"An interesting opponent," the 40-year old Ukrainian told Bild. "For me, he won the European Championship against Robert Helenius quite clearly."

The newspaper also reports that the veteran champ will fight David Haye in Germany in June.

i'm watching it, well ive got it on at the moment but I mite need to go to bed but never fear it is being recorded

switch on tv allways first thing you hear, go on net the result there in face etc, have to watch or i know i will hear it b4 i see it

Â