The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Oh yeah did you watch the prince Aaron fight tonight I missed it but he got beat apparently, I am quite pleased by that cuz I think he is massively overrated, from what I've seen of him he has a massive reach but no power and no style, it's like watching Peter crouch playing football with boxing gloves on his feet.

He has a few plus points but for me the negatives outweigh the positives

Must admit I'm struggling to stay awake normally I have no problem staying up for the boxing but tonight I have had about 12 pints and my eyes have gone heavy, mite haveto sign off for 45 minutes and then get back up for the main event

Wallet inspector that is unlike you to say something like that lol

You can't possibly be insinuating that he knew about the cheating all along??? He had no idea that they were filling his gloves with cement and barbed wire, they done it all whilst his back was turned lol

Good scrap though, I'm surprised it wasn't stopped earlier to be honest, it could easily have been stopped the round before. Cotto just had to keep dancing to his left I don't give a **** what margerreto said he couldn't see a **** thing out of that eye

Cotto was very good.

I bet on him in rounds 7-9, £5 at 9/1 with bet365. Check my account today to see my bet is a losing bet and get fed the following when i enquire:

In reference to your enquiry, Miguel Angel Cotto vs Antonio Margaritto -this fight was stopped after the 9th round by the ringside doctors who ruled that Margaritto was unable to continue, bets have been settled in-line with the official result a round 10 technical knockout.

Our rules state that" If either fighter fails to answer the bell for the next round then his opponent will be deemed to have won in the previous round"

As such M.Angel Cotto was deemed to have won this bout in the 10th Round. please confirm your username and four digit security number.

Yeah something doesn't add up there and i have told them as much.

I have a mate who is a pro boxer, domestic level fighter and he dropped a bollock yesterday. He had a fight in Chippenham, and his sat nav took him to the Chippenham which is a small village just outside of Cambridge. His fight was in the Chippenham which is a medium sized town just outside of Bath. A 90 minute drive became a six hour drive, he blew his exhaust up and probably spent as much on petrol as he earned from the show. /facepalm.

Wallet inspector that is unlike you to say something like that lol

You can't possibly be insinuating that he knew about the cheating all along??? He had no idea that they were filling his gloves with cement and barbed wire, they done it all whilst his back was turned lol

Good scrap though, I'm surprised it wasn't stopped earlier to be honest, it could easily have been stopped the round before. Cotto just had to keep dancing to his left I don't give a **** what margerreto said he couldn't see a **** thing out of that eye

Haha.

I think it was only for Margarito's heart that they let it go on that long. Even after the 9th he was desperate to go on.

Cotto was very good.

I bet on him in rounds 7-9, £5 at 9/1 with bet365. Check my account today to see my bet is a losing bet and get fed the following when i enquire:

In reference to your enquiry, Miguel Angel Cotto vs Antonio Margaritto -this fight was stopped after the 9th round by the ringside doctors who ruled that Margaritto was unable to continue, bets have been settled in-line with the official result a round 10 technical knockout.

Our rules state that" If either fighter fails to answer the bell for the next round then his opponent will be deemed to have won in the previous round"

As such M.Angel Cotto was deemed to have won this bout in the 10th Round. please confirm your username and four digit security number.

The bell rang for the 10th so it goes down as a 10th round stoppage. I think it was officially called as 0:03 into the 10th round. Unlucky.

margarito tried to say after the fight that he wasnt hurt at all and he didnt feel the punches, I bet he **** felt them this morning

did you see the aaron fight wallet inspector?

Yeah, Rose boxed brilliantly I thought. Arron was way too reliant on his jab and when he couldn't land it he looked clueless. That card Edwards handed in was a disgrace.

Cotto was very good.

The bell rang for the 10th so it goes down as a 10th round stoppage. I think it was officially called as 0:03 into the 10th round. Unlucky.

Thats the refs and docs **** around then that has screwed me over!

The outcome of the Khan fight is something I'm looking forward to, simply because it'll either encourage my mate to bring up talk of the bet we have on whether he will become P4P best in the world, or will mean it'll not be talked of too much.

:D

Â