The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

This is a masterclass from Ward. There isnt much left for him in this division though, is there? Obviously there is a superfight against Lucian Bute, but if he wins that then he has cleared out the division. Up to Light Heavy after?

Dunno where Froch goes either. Rematch with Kessler in the UK?

This is a masterclass from Ward. There isnt much left for him in this division though, is there? Obviously there is a superfight against Lucian Bute, but if he wins that then he has cleared out the division. Up to Light Heavy after?

Dunno where Froch goes either. Rematch with Kessler in the UK?

Rematch with Kessler i would think. Pretty sure Kessler said he would rematch Froch after their fight.

Quite the opposite for me. I think Froch is my favourite British fighter of the past five years. He is an absolute warrior, he doesn't fight bums (look at the quality of his last seven opponents) and he is an exciting fighter. Last night he happened upon an inspired opponent who will probably be a superstar when he wakes up in the morning. I think Froch is still a world class operator, he might not have too many fights left in him (he is. 35 soon) but id like to see him avenge the Kessler defeat and have a big homecoming fight in Nottingham. I'd probably buy a ticket to that fight.

Ward on the other hand? He is going to be a great champion.

No shame in losing to Ward. The lad is something special and in years to come I think history will show that he was very special.

Over 12 rounds it was close to a masterclass. The best I've seen in this division in a championship fight since Calzaghe destroyed Lacy.

118-110 looked about right. Not sure how it was scored 115-113 by two of the judges.

They were probably like me and stopped counting points after about eight rounds when it was obvious Froch needed a KO. Personally I dont think the scores are terribly important if the result is correct. 115-113 was clearly wrong, but I doubt Ward will be losing any sleep over it.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the new khan saga! The photos of the guy sitting with the judges... I don't know all the ins and outs but even to me it looks fishy... Can anybody shed any more light?

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the new khan saga! The photos of the guy sitting with the judges... I don't know all the ins and outs but even to me it looks fishy... Can anybody shed any more light?

Freddie Roach just been on the news, the guy is apparently some guy linked to amateur boxing called Mustafa Ameen.

Roach said, he once came to his gym to tell him he wasn't qualified to train amateur boxers.

Roach rightly told him to do one.

Â