The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

its just literally a case that the boxing world wouldnt allow him to win because that would have put an end to any hope of mayweather vs pacquaio.

I just really feel for Marquez now especially after reading that he is thinking of retiring because he cant fight the person in front of him and 3 judges and I dont blame him for feeling like that, 3 fights 2 possible shouts for a win and 1 absolutely blatant win

they are saying that they will get more money for a rematch than ever before but what is the point of Marquez taking that fight? he doesnt exactly need to money and he knows that he will have no chance of winning unless he knocks him out

They won't get money from me for a rematch.

Why should I pay for something where the outcome doesn't in any way reflect the fight?

I may as well roll a die and decide who wins that way rather than watching any future fights.

Thats a **** disgrace, Marquez **** pissed that how have they gave it to pacquao

**** ridiculous that is

$$$$$

The fix was in

Too much money already wrapped up in Manny-Mayweather

Are they going to risk Manny against Mayweather after that showing though?

They can keep on claiming Mayweather is ducking him and have Manny retire without facing him.

The question is what's more important to Manny, the money or the legacy, because once Mayweather destroys him the legacy is gone.

I said after watching the Mayweather - ortiz fight that there would only be one outcome between him and manny and this mornings fight only confirmed this for me

To be honest I think Mayweather would be an idiot if he didnt move heaven and earth to make this fight happen just to prove that he is without a doubt the best in the business

and what does everyone think of eubanks jr?

there has been some big noises about him for a while now so it was nice to actually see him in his first pro fight

obviously there is an awfull lot for him to learn but he certainly didn't look bad yesterday, the fight was handpicked for him to win but it was done well because even though the other bloke was never going to do anything his defense made it extremely difficult for eubanks to get through but that will come with experiance

thought it was great when he came out to simply the best though, I just cant help but wonder if the the arrogance and posturing comes natural to him or if he is literally playing up to his dads image

Thats a **** disgrace, Marquez **** pissed that how have they gave it to pacquao

**** ridiculous that is

$$$$$

The fix was in

Too much money already wrapped up in Manny-Mayweather

Are they going to risk Manny against Mayweather after that showing though?

They can keep on claiming Mayweather is ducking him and have Manny retire without facing him.

The question is what's more important to Manny, the money or the legacy, because once Mayweather destroys him the legacy is gone.

A $75 million guaranteed payday? The fight is on, trust me.

May 5th. That's when Mayweather wants to fight again. I saw an interview the other week with a couple of "Team Mayweather" and they were saying that Floyd will fight in May and they want it to be "the fight that everyone wants to see"

I really hope that they can finally sort it out!

walletinspector what do you mean the US judges love volume?

the whole thing goes back to what was being said in here the other week (may have been after the bellew fight) you have to knock the champion out to take the belt off him thats the way it always has been. This time was more annoying than normal though because it was so obvious and to give it to manny by 4 rounds was a joke.

Its not fair but its the way it is

• 3 weeks later...

I missed the first 5 rounds of chisora so I can't say he was robbed but he looked like he was ahead by the end to me, the other bloke looked **** on his feet come the 12th

And yes wallet inspector I am staying up to watch the fight tonight, I haven't paid much notice of the fight that's on at the moment but it looks like it's been a decent scrap

Â