The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Fury vs Fraudley will probably happen this year, wont it?

I hope not. When Aud was mentioned a while back Hennessey said "I've just brought Channel 5 into boxing - I don't want to chase them away!" Regardless of that, Harrison is still a name and always pulls in viewers. You can see why a promoter would be tempted to make it.

How about a Chisora rematch for the WBC title... :P

Well, Audley is popular again isnt he?

Q8veG.jpg

I dont think he is a very good boxer at all, but I almost admire the man for making the absolute most out of a very limited talent.

Peterson-Khan II on for 19th May in Vegas.

I was looking forward to Peterson-Marquez which was rumoured but can't complain with this. It's a bit silly having it in Vegas when the sales will no doubt be terrible. At least if they had put it on in LA as they were talking about originally they could have filled it with some local fighters on the undercard.

I see that the Mayweather - Cotto is on boxnation

where does this leave the average viewer who pays for fights?

isnt box nation £10 a month for a minimum of 6 months?

will it be available for £17:99 on primetime or whatever as well

I'm not fussed as I have boxnation so I wont be paying any extra to watch it any way I was just wondering if this would be available to the casual boxing fan

Best part of that (as always) is the inevitable, incomprehensible comments...

YOU ARE JUST A GAY THAT IS GOOD IN TALKING!!! SHIT YOUR ASS! YOUR MOTHER ASSHOLE! AND YOUR SISTERS ASS!!!!

I think I'm going to start using "Shit my ass!" as an everyday expletive.

Best part of that (as always) is the inevitable, incomprehensible comments...

YOU ARE JUST A GAY THAT IS GOOD IN TALKING!!! SHIT YOUR ASS! YOUR MOTHER ASSHOLE! AND YOUR SISTERS ASS!!!!

I think I'm going to start using "Shit my ass!" as an everyday expletive.

It's strange listening to Argentinian Spanish. It's Spanish, but with the unmistakeable cadence of Italian.

I see that the Mayweather - Cotto is on boxnation

where does this leave the average viewer who pays for fights?

isnt box nation £10 a month for a minimum of 6 months?

will it be available for £17:99 on primetime or whatever as well

I'm not fussed as I have boxnation so I wont be paying any extra to watch it any way I was just wondering if this would be available to the casual boxing fan

It's minimum 3 months on SKY and 1 month on Virgin. It will be exclusively on Boxnation. If they want to watch it they'll have to sign up, I guess. I can't see it getting anywhere near the amount of viewers that the Ortiz fight got without the Channel5 advertising, and with the added hassle of signing up.

Â