The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

3rd is Joshua

4th is Parker

And then a country mile and then the likes of Dubios, Hrgovic, Zhang, Anderson, Wallin

I'd take Dubois over Joshua.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It says it all about this current era that Usyk and Fury are head and shoulders above the rest of the division. In many other eras they wouldn't be in the top 10. 

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

That's exactly what happened. Fury didn't have another gear. Whereas, Usyk pushed the "Turbo Button".

You could see the panic and confusion from the punch to the nose. Like I said, he should have stayed switched on enough to avoid that.

Yeah, I though Fury had taken control until then. Then Usyk just stepped on the gas. Fair play to Fury though coming back into the fight though because he could've folded after that. 

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd take Dubois over Joshua.

Nah.... I think Dubois has improved but I think Joshua is much more well rounded tbh. 

I was actually about to give Fury some credit for the classy way he congratulated Usyk after the fight, until he showed how much of a prick he is by basically saying that he won most of the rounds but Usyk won because of the war.

I used to think some of this shit he said was tongue in cheek, but this highlighted to me that he has inherited his twatness from his father.

• Like 2

Glad Usyk won

Fury will win the rematch, then there will be a decider.

All about money.

John Fury shouting over Sugar Hill's advice told you all you need to know, let him bully Fury into training but keep him away from the corner.

Fury hurt Usyk with some devastating upper cuts, probably better shots than Usyk threw but he didn't back it up, poor showing from him tbh, he thought he could nick it on points but was outboxed, out fought and out thought by Usyk. Fury bottled it.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

John Fury shouting over Sugar Hill's advice told you all you need to know, let him bully Fury into training but keep him away from the corner.

Fury hurt Usyk with some devastating upper cuts, probably better shots than Usyk threw but he didn't back it up, poor showing from him tbh, he thought he could nick it on points but was outboxed, out fought and out thought by Usyk. Fury bottled it.

I was saying at the time that Sugar Hill must be so annoyed that he’s trying to give Tyson advice every round and John Fury is yapping in Tyson’s ear at the same time every single time.

• Like 1

I'm just glad that after all that needless showboating from the fat idiot in the early rounds that he went on and lost the fight. 

It is totally classless, it would be like Villa playing a League 1 side and when the whistle goes, Dougie doing 30 keepy ups straight from the off. 

I think Usyk did lower his gloves in a later round when he had rattled Fury but on the whole, he remained totally professional and let his superior work do the talking. 

I don't think we see a rematch. Fury has spent his career dodging the big fights or has taken them when the other boxer is not at his peak. 

Hopefully the tool retires and we don't have to see him or his circus of a family anymore. 

• Like 2

Just watched it again without the bear goggles on and without the 10-8 round I think it was a draw

• Like 1

I was a little surprised that the advice from the corner going into the last round was not to do anything silly. 

I was expecting them to say he needs a knockdown or a knockout to be sure of a win.

• Like 1

It was the smash to his nose that changed it imo, Usyk won the first three, then Fury took over from there and I thought was going to cruise it but credit Usyk, he turned out a comfortable winner for me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It was the smash to his nose that changed it imo, Usyk won the first three, then Fury took over from there and I thought was going to cruise it but credit Usyk, he turned out a comfortable winner for me.

Yes for sure, it was a very close fight but small margins make the difference. As soon as he broke his nose you could tell every shot he took really hurt him. Totally different fight after that. 

Thoroughly enjoyable fight all round, been let down so many times in these big fights so was a bit of a surprise to be honest. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have a feeling Fury won’t bother with the rematch. 

Nah he's made enough money he doesn't need to.  Think he will retire.

Â