The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

15 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

All three very not too sloppy in all fairness, one of the great trilogy's, very feasible argument that both 1 & 2 got awarded the wrong way and the result of the third one changes every time I watch it 🤣

Agreed....I thought most sided with Barrera as he was more popular, but personally felt Morales should've got both 1 & 2. I'm biased though tbh. God.... how good were those fights.  

100% one of if not the greatest modern trilogy in boxing. Pair of absolute beasts. 

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Agreed....I thought most sided with Barrera as he was more popular, but personally felt Morales should've got both 1 & 2. I'm biased though tbh. God.... how good were those fights.  

100% one of if not the greatest modern trilogy in boxing. Pair of absolute beasts. 

Made even better by the fact they could not stand being in the same room as each other. Apparently they made friends later on down the line, but I’m not having any of it professional respect yes everything else no way 

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Made even better by the fact they could not stand being in the same room as each other. Apparently they made friends later on down the line, but I’m not having any of it professional respect yes everything else no way 

Yeah.... they hated the shit out of each other. I think it was more Morales tbh as he was a ghetto creature and always thought Barrera was a middle class Mexican ponce. I think that was the way most Mexicans saw it too. Morales was the poor kid against the lawyers family. IIRC

• Like 1

Be nice to see Tank Davis back in the ring in three and a bit weeks time too.

If that young man can stay out of prison, he can be up there with the very best.

I think fury will win the rematch. He went too light in this fight and his usual lean on them and tire them out wasnt there. Think he also under estimated usyks punch power.

Furys a exceptional fighter he will bounce back

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Be nice to see Tank Davis back in the ring in three and a bit weeks time too.

If that young man can stay out of prison, he can be up there with the very best.

He's a great fighter and I do like him but he's a pretty dumb tw*t tbh that struggles to stay out of trouble. Just needs to stop sparring his missus and concentrate on his career or he'll end up spending a lot more time in the can. Literally tanking his career :D

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

All three very not too sloppy in all fairness, one of the great trilogy's, very feasible argument that both 1 & 2 got awarded the wrong way and the result of the third one changes every time I watch it 🤣

Now we’re talkin’ 👍👍 those were absolute wars

Only fight I have seen in Las Vegas was Shane Mosley/Fernando Vargas 2 back in 2006

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think fury will win the rematch. He went too light in this fight and his usual lean on them and tire them out wasnt there. Think he also under estimated usyks punch power.

I don't see it myself. I think the fact Usyk now knows he can beat Fury wiil play a big factor uf there's a rematch.

I think the Usyk game plan was always to pounce when Fury tired and, let's not forget the will of Usyk to withstand those punishing body - shots. I just don't see the rematch being any different. 

Usyk reminds me a lot of Holyfield, the way he bounces around and his willingness to bite down on that gumshield in moments of adversity. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I don't see it myself. I think the fact Usyk now knows he can beat Fury wiil play a big factor uf there's a rematch.

I think the Usyk game plan was always to pounce when Fury tired and, let's not forget the will of Usyk to withstand those punishing body - shots. I just don't see the rematch being any different. 

Usyk reminds me a lot of Holyfield, the way he bounces around and his willingness to bite down on that gumshield in moments of adversity. 

This and Fury ain’t no Lennox Lewis

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Yeah.... they hated the shit out of each other. I think it was more Morales tbh as he was a ghetto creature and always thought Barrera was a middle class Mexican ponce. I think that was the way most Mexicans saw it too. Morales was the poor kid against the lawyers family. IIRC

And I was a fan of Barrerra, even though I was way more "Ghetto" than middle-class. Two tough Hombres that's for sure. 

Incidentally, it was the same with the great athletics rivalry between Coe and Ovett, I kind of preferred the smooth elegance of the posh Tory, Coe.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not for me, if he goes heavier, he'll tire quicker, just when Usyk is getting into the groove. Usyk has his number now, he's just full of boxing talent.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t see what will be more favourable to Fury in a rematch than it was last week. He’ll lose again.

He just wants the money. It's really all he is interested in now, proabably influenced by big John. He even got in the Shieks face and shouted "SHOW ME THE MONEY".

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not for me, if he goes heavier, he'll tire quicker, just when Usyk is getting into the groove. Usyk has his number now, he's just full of boxing talent.

Fury very rarely tires tbh. Regardless of his weight the guy has unbelievable stamina 

Going lighter helped usyk i think

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t see what will be more favourable to Fury in a rematch than it was last week. He’ll lose again.

i dont think you can ever right fury out tbh. He is a fantastic boxer. I think he will find a way in rematch

34 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He just wants the money. It's really all he is interested in now, proabably influenced by big John. He even got in the Shieks face and shouted "SHOW ME THE MONEY".

Yeah, now he has lost his “0” it’s all just about the money now.

Trying to outbox Usyk was furys problem, same as AJ. If your a bigger man by 2 stone you should take risks to Land some heavy shots.

Fury really hurt Usyk, he landed an upper cut that would have felled a bull, Usyk was hurt but fury let him off. Even when Fury was out on his feet Usyk couldn't finish it.

These two are very.close in ability  and small things make a difference at that level.

If a rematch happens then Fury wins for me, but I don't think it will tbh. Usyk Will not want it, I can see him retiring at the top, he's got nothing left to prove, a fantastic fighter,  unbeatable? Not for me.

38 minutes ago, tinker said:

If a rematch happens then Fury wins for me, but I don't think it will tbh. Usyk Will not want it, I can see him retiring at the top, he's got nothing left to prove, a fantastic fighter,  unbeatable? Not for me.

They’ll both probably get £30m plus for turning up which is probably the main reason it’ll happen again imo.

• Like 1

Â