General Chat

Stevo985

I'd put money, if I could have some sort of bet that lasted till the end of time and still collect it, on that theory being one that as we discover more we change to accommodate new knowledge.

But for now, yeah - the universe is a ****' crazy place.

Pretty much my thinking on absolute zero. I refuse to believe it will not go lower. And yes I know the rationale behind the current value.

you holding out for absolute absolute zero ? :winkold:

I'd put money, if I could have some sort of bet that lasted till the end of time and still collect it, on that theory being one that as we discover more we change to accommodate new knowledge.

Pretty much my thinking on absolute zero. I refuse to believe it will not go lower. And yes I know the rationale behind the current value.

Absolute zero minus one, I suspect.

Much like infinity plus one.

If my understanding of what constitutes absolute zero is correct, if it is possible to exceed it it would have to have a basis in some deeper form of physics, quantum and beyond.

In which case it wouldn't surprise if they considered that a different 'school' of temperature, as opposed to the common understanding of it we have.

Most of the above is talking out of my arse - physics was never my strongest suit ;)

No. Absolute zero is a tangible value. Infinity is not. We currently believe it is impossible to go below absolute zero. I suspect that's because we haven't discovered how to yet, rather than that it is an actual impossibliity. I believe time and science will give 'absolute zero' a new, lower, colder, value.

Labour MP Eric Joyce has been suspended from the party after he was arrested over allegations of an assault in a House of Commons bar.

Police were called after reports of a disturbance on Wednesday night.

Mr Joyce, 51, remains MP for Falkirk but cannot take the Labour whip until the police investigation ends.

Speaker John Bercow has said he takes the matter "very seriously". The Conservative MP for Pudsey Stuart Andrew has alleged he was assaulted.

The BBC understands officers involved in the investigation returned to the Commons on Thursday evening.

The disturbance is believed to have happened in the Strangers Bar, which is reserved for MPs and their guests.

Mr Andrew was in the bar following a Commons event organised by his Conservative colleague Andrew Percy, for the Speaker of the Canadian Parliament.

'Extremely serious'

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We were called at approximately 10.50pm last night to reports of a disturbance at a bar within the House of Commons.

"A man aged in his 50s was arrested by officers on suspicion of assault. He remains in custody in a central London police station. Inquiries are continuing."

A Labour Party spokesman said: "This is an extremely serious incident. We have suspended Eric Joyce pending the results of the police investigation."

In the Commons, Speaker John Bercow said: "Members will be aware of reports of a serious incident in the House last night. I have been informed by the Serjeant at Arms that the honourable member for Falkirk has been detained in police custody.

"The matter is being investigated. I take this matter very seriously, as do the House authorities."

Mr Joyce was elected in a by-election in December 2000 and has served as a parliamentary private secretary (PPS) to a number of government ministers since 2003.

He was PPS to the then defence secretary Bob Ainsworth until 2009, and prior to that had been a parliamentary aide to John Hutton, Mike O'Brien and Margaret Hodge.

BBC

I'd pay his bail. Stuart Andrew is my MP, and a prize w*anker. I can easily imagine how somebody would want to deck him.

I have been struggling all week with a cold or the flu, last night I felt absolutely rotten so I decided to go out and get hammered and try and drink through the illness, it worked an absolute treat I feel like a new man.

It's amazing what a fair few jagermeisters can do for you, gotta face a few silly txt messages that I sent in my drunkern hour but even they wasnt too bad

All in all a good idea to go and get bladdered I recon

I have been struggling all week with a cold or the flu,

I'd imagine, unless you were totally bed-ridden and could barely move a muscle without feeling like dying, it was a cold/virus.

last night I felt absolutely rotten so I decided to go out and get hammered and try and drink through the illness, it worked an absolute treat

AKA coming to the end of your cold after a few days? I'd like to see someone try to drink themselves out of proper Flu. Now there's a challenge ....

Labour MP Eric Joyce has been suspended from the party after he was arrested over allegations of an assault in a House of Commons bar.

Police were called after reports of a disturbance on Wednesday night.

Mr Joyce, 51, remains MP for Falkirk but cannot take the Labour whip until the police investigation ends.

Speaker John Bercow has said he takes the matter "very seriously". The Conservative MP for Pudsey Stuart Andrew has alleged he was assaulted.

The BBC understands officers involved in the investigation returned to the Commons on Thursday evening.

The disturbance is believed to have happened in the Strangers Bar, which is reserved for MPs and their guests.

Mr Andrew was in the bar following a Commons event organised by his Conservative colleague Andrew Percy, for the Speaker of the Canadian Parliament.

'Extremely serious'

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We were called at approximately 10.50pm last night to reports of a disturbance at a bar within the House of Commons.

"A man aged in his 50s was arrested by officers on suspicion of assault. He remains in custody in a central London police station. Inquiries are continuing."

A Labour Party spokesman said: "This is an extremely serious incident. We have suspended Eric Joyce pending the results of the police investigation."

In the Commons, Speaker John Bercow said: "Members will be aware of reports of a serious incident in the House last night. I have been informed by the Serjeant at Arms that the honourable member for Falkirk has been detained in police custody.

"The matter is being investigated. I take this matter very seriously, as do the House authorities."

Mr Joyce was elected in a by-election in December 2000 and has served as a parliamentary private secretary (PPS) to a number of government ministers since 2003.

He was PPS to the then defence secretary Bob Ainsworth until 2009, and prior to that had been a parliamentary aide to John Hutton, Mike O'Brien and Margaret Hodge.

BBC

I'd pay his bail. Stuart Andrew is my MP, and a prize w*anker. I can easily imagine how somebody would want to deck him.

Maybe we should start lobbying MP's to beat up other MP's? I'd pay someone some decent money to plan one (or several, including kicking him once he's down) on Gove.

I have been struggling all week with a cold or the flu, last night I felt absolutely rotten so I decided to go out and get hammered and try and drink through the illness, it worked an absolute treat I feel like a new man.

It's amazing what a fair few jagermeisters can do for you, gotta face a few silly txt messages that I sent in my drunkern hour but even they wasnt too bad

****' 'ell, with my susceptibility to hangovers that would be the last thing I'd do if I was already feeling ill. It'd kill me.

No. Absolute zero is a tangible value. Infinity is not. We currently believe it is impossible to go below absolute zero. I suspect that's because we haven't discovered how to yet, rather than that it is an actual impossibliity. I believe time and science will give 'absolute zero' a new, lower, colder, value.

But isn't Absolute Zero the absence of all energy. Energy causes the heat, so it's hard to see how you could get colder than no energy.

But I guess that's the point, if we could imagine it then we wouldn't be having this discussion!

****' 'ell, with my susceptibility to hangovers that would be the last thing I'd do if I was already feeling ill. It'd kill me.

nah it wasnt full on flu at all, its just that any male that gets a cold in an office full of birds gets constantly told he has got man flu

the hangover is a ball ache and I still have a snotty nose but other than that I am feeling a hell of a lot better than yesterday

Â