General Chat

Stevo985

My spare cash is going into my Flex saver.

Really wish I'd saved this well when I was living at home and earning a yearly wage rather than spending it on crap and not saving anything. I'm saving a good £250 a month at the moment and that's after mortgage and bill payments have gone out. Makes no sense. Stupid young Dante spending freely.

Seriously tho, weve been finalising the wedding stuff for our reception over here as were getting married in Mexico. Balloons, wedding cake, chair covers, flowers, invitations, entertainment, stupid treat things for every guest.

Should have gone into the balloons or flower business...robbing bastards!!! Oh, and chair covers...£7.50 per chair, WTF!?!?!?

I'm the same Dante. I did save when i was at home to buy my house, but i could have saved SO much more.

Now I'm skint and wishing I'd saved some of that disposable cash. Got a lodger moving in in a month or 2 though so shoul dbe able to finally save some money again!

All my spare cash this month has pretty much already gone :(

Shoul dbe able to manage a night out or two but the rest will go on food and fuel

It's always the way. I used to earn good money while living at home, yet I never had any left at the end of the month and never had anything particularly special to show for it.

You'll always find a way to waste your money, well I will anyway.

Holy ****!!!!!111!!!!1

VillaTalk is working! Work abondoned!

Ive missed you guys! :)

What shall we talk about?

The fact that it's still not really working?

Not for me, anyway. Most pages load halfway and then hang.

Seeing as it's payday, what's everyone going to spend their spare cash on this month?

•£100 put to one side for engagement ring.

•£100 for football shirt auctions.

•£30 to "spicesofindia.co.uk" after a friend told me about the wonders of Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste (though I managed to wrangle with the missus that said £30 will come out of the joint account as I got her some stuff from there as well, result!).

•£70 overspend from last month to be deducted (went on a squad signed/match-worn Alan Wright shirt from 96/97).

Seeing as it's payday, what's everyone going to spend their spare cash on this month?

Mine's going on washing machine repairs. Meh.

Equally Rock n Roll for me, currently having the kitchen / dining area floor tiled.

•£100 for football shirt auctions.

•£30 to "spicesofindia.co.uk" after a friend told me about the wonders of Mr Huda's Universal Curry Paste (though I managed to wrangle with the missus that said £30 will come out of the joint account as I got her some stuff from there as well, result!).

£70 overspend from last month to be deducted (went on a squad signed/match-worn Alan Wright shirt from 96/97).

I'd pay good money for the shirt he was wearing when he scored that rocket against 'boro!

It's always the way. I used to earn good money while living at home, yet I never had any left at the end of the month and never had anything particularly special to show for it.

Yep, pretty much.

When my lodger moves in I'll have to set up a standing order into a savings account that his rent goes into, otherwise I know I'll end up spending it.

Incidentally, a bit geeky, but I have one of those accounts apps for my phone, and it's great when it comes to keeping track of your money. It saves all your monthly expenses and you put in what you spend Ad Hoc. It's helped me keep stuff in line since I've had the mortgage!

Mental ain't it? Looking back I really can't think what I spent 13k a year on for 4 years. I had probably 2k saved. I had no bills or rent to pay, my car was a hand me down so nothing to pay there. Literally petrol, going out on a weekend, games/electronic goods, clothes and DVDs are all that spring to mind.

Tight ****! :lol:

That's just part of the savings, ya ras clart! :P

Budget is around £1500 so I need £300 for a deposit, this month will put me up to £200.

Â