General Chat

Stevo985

Yeah POB is our new moderator. :hooray:

All the Irish posters disappeared for a while, you, p3te, lombardo, CED, Yillan, TSV, KevMur all disapeared at the same time. I thought you must have merged. And don't worry, I've kept the sites regular post count up. ;)

I was still here! I was just depressed at the state of our nation and the state of GED's army.... I was afraid to post in case someone would just accuse of me being biased against the French seeing as though I'm irish....... :winkold:

Yeah POB is our new moderator. :hooray:

All the Irish posters disappeared for a while, you, p3te, lombardo, CED, Yillan, TSV, KevMur all disapeared at the same time. I thought you must have merged. And don't worry, I've kept the sites regular post count up. ;)

Reality too. I miss his soap based avatar's.

I got watching that Penn and Teller show that was on earlier. I've always liked magic shows so this was made for me. Especially as I like Penn and Teller.

The premise, simple. Penn and Teller are **** good magicians, a bunch of British magicians go on and do a trick of theirs in the hope they can fool Penn and Teller, that is have them watch as any audience member would and hope they can't work out how the trick is done.

One bloke goes on and does classic close up card tricks. He does them brilliantly well. But at the end of the day, you're going on to try to fool 2 guys who've been doing this lark for 30 odd years. They'll have seen every card trick in the book and know exactly how to do them, so he'd not got a hope of fooling them.

Didn't realise that was on tonight, I'll have to watch that on ITVplayer or catch up or whatever.

Funnily enough Chindie, I'm about to watch Bubba Ho Tep that you recommended in the film thread about a year ago. Looks funny and short which is good right now. I was trawling through that thread earlier and it took my eye.

Bubbo Ho-Tep is a great film if you buy into it's humour. The humour is dumb as **** and played pretty dry and straight. It's a cheap B-Movie, the humour is entirely in the premise of it. If you don't find the idea of Elvis not being dead and in a carehome being attacked by a mummy funny, you won't like it one bit.

If you do think that sounds like it might be funny, it's about 80mins long and has some great moments and lines. I'm a great fan of JFK for example ;).

Â