General Chat

Stevo985

Simple example

Y = 3x(2). (2) to the power of two

Dy

---

Dx.

[3 x 2]. (2 is the number used for the power, multiply it by the original number)

[(2) - 1]. (Minus 1 from your power)

(3x2)x [2-1]

6x(1) Or 6x.

Simple. :P

I used to love maths. Can't remember a thing now though, packed it in after gcse's.

An interesting question was posed to me recently, in regards to human predictability. Basically, if you had the genetic make up of a person, you knew exactly how they will be born, and you knew the exact environment will they be raised, would you be able to predict how they will end up at a certain age, and how they will react to certain situations?

This is only HNC maths, and noddy HNC maths at that!
I failed O-Level (that's GCSE to you) maths. And I failed it spectacularly, with a grade 9, the worst possible score. Never even attempted a re-sit.

I hated and feared the subject to an almost pathological degree. It still has the power to make my flesh crawl.

This is only HNC maths, and noddy HNC maths at that!
I failed O-Level (that's GCSE to you) maths. And I failed it spectacularly, with a grade 9, the worst possible score. Never even attempted a re-sit.

I hated and feared the subject to an almost pathological degree. It still has the power to make my flesh crawl.

I took CSE maths, and failed :(

Hated maths with a passion!

I really liked maths. I was good at it too. People in the class called me rainman.....

Then we didn't have a teacher for 6 months, so I lost interest and the majority dropped down to pass. Pass was great craic.

I do loads of maths but hate integration and differentiation which is a huge chunk of the stuff I'm doing, probably failed maths this semester.

I got 34% in a maths exam at uni.

Then got accused of cheating. Yeah, wasnt the best results day ever.

Maths was something I was glad to leave behind. I was good at it despite myself.

Hard to explain, but for things like division I've always done things the long way round and it never quite set right in my mind. Pathetically I still can't mentally do division that even comes close to difficult. We got taught long division at primary school in such a way that just seemed to confuse me and since then I just couldn't do it very well.

Somehow at GCSE I got an A and then legged it from the subject forever more. They wanted me to do A-Level - Hahahah.

I was doing one of those sort of... competency tests that some jobs get you to do, you do a written word one and a maths interpretational one after with a time limit the other day, that knocked home just how poor at maths I was. The maths bit gave you graphs that were reasonably complex and asked you to work out calculations of things that weren't on the graph using the info provided. Couldn't get my head round the calculations how to do most of it. And I know they weren't that hard.

Â