General Chat

Stevo985

If a manager transfer lists a player because he's getting too old, would that be considered ageism in the workplace?

If a manager buys only british players, refusing to buy foreigners, would that be considered racism in the workplace?

In reality, you're only discriminating against someone if they are still perfectly capable of doing the job. So the old guy would be less capable of doing the job than whoever else the manager signed. If the old guy was the only person in the world able to do the job, or he could do it as well as anyone else, and the only reason he wasn't hired was because he was old, then that's discriminating.

Similarly the guy with no legs wouldn't be physically able to do the job, so it's not discriminating.

If you refuse to hire a blind guy to be a lookout, it's not discrimiantion.

I bloody hate travelling, finally arrived back in London today to find my suitcase had broken and had to drag it home. Add to that the pair of kids lobbing toys at my head on the flight back and I'm just about in need for a long rest.

I don't really like sitting for such a long period of time and being in such a cramped space. On trains you have a bit of space to move about on your seat (maybe even have a desk if you pick a good seat) and there is more room to go walkabout if you so wish.

Although, the absoulte worse transportation is the bus to Dublin. It's always packed, it's always stuffy and uncomfortable and you always have some word removed dying behind you and coughing constantly.

Â