General Chat

Stevo985

yanks on here, whats 5 guys burgers and fries like?

seen they are opening a branch in brum

This post is old, but I have to respond. It's fantastic.

I'm so envious!!!

I'm looking at Tony here but any one with decent insight will do, whats the best way to go to new york, but keeping costs at a minimum in terms of flights.

OK so give a few more hints as to the criteria, where from? when? how many people etc?

Some of us do travel also you know :-)

Sorry guys was Cheltenham / Paddys so I've been on the beer since Tuesday at 10am but basically live in Ireland so anywhere from there or UK or close, just me and the missus either August or November. 

Major fire in the derelict listed pub that has recently been bought by a new owner who want to turn it into a convenience shop but can't get planning.

Obvious insurance scam is obvious.

A friend fell spectacularly off the wagon last night. He'd not drunk any grog since New Year, but a lengthy car journey with his mother in law pushed him over the edge.

A bottle of red, five beers, two half bottles of vodka and the remains of a bottle of Malibu later, there's a trail of cake leading to the spare room and the lounge carpet has an interesting new pattern.

Fortunately the pattern isn't spew. It's the contents of a hated incense burner that belongs to my girlfriend, and my girlfriend had previously wrecked the lounge carpet with the same hated incense burner.

So, the question is - Will she get up and:

a) Go mental.

B) Laugh it off.

c) A combination of the above.

He's going to be mortified and very hungover when he emerges.

• Like 1

Major fire in the derelict listed pub that has recently been bought by a new owner who want to turn it into a convenience shop but can't get planning.

I once saw a graph of the changing price of wool, plotted against the incidence of fires in Bradford woollen mills. 

Massive inverse correlation. 

• Like 1

A friend fell spectacularly off the wagon last night. He'd not drunk any grog since New Year, but a lengthy car journey with his mother in law pushed him over the edge.

A bottle of red, five beers, two half bottles of vodka and the remains of a bottle of Malibu later, there's a trail of cake leading to the spare room and the lounge carpet has an interesting new pattern.

Fortunately the pattern isn't spew. It's the contents of a hated incense burner that belongs to my girlfriend, and my girlfriend had previously wrecked the lounge carpet with the same hated incense burner.

a) Go mental.

B) Laugh it off.

"A friend". Yeah, right.  :)

"A friend". Yeah, right.  :)

If it had been me, there'd be no need for the multiple choice - option a).

She quite fancies him too.

That might help a bit, or just delay the telling off. :)

a) Go mental.

B) Laugh it off.

That's an impressive tally.

Kudos to your 'friend'.

But why did he have 2 half bottles of vodka, and not just 1 full one? :detect:  :mrgreen:

One was a bottle of Smirnoff iced cake the other a bottle of M&S chocolate chilli.

We were making sort of white Russians minus the Kahlua plus the chocolate & chilli.

He's very apologetic. She seems ok... Though it'll probably be tagged on to another row later.

So if I've read that right.... lots of fires wool gets cheaper? :unsure:

Its all rock and roll at Chez Mooney isn't it.

Other way round. Bottom falls out of the market, hey presto, owners torch their mills for the insurance money (allegedly. It was an accident, guv).

Or they used to, there isn't really any woollen industry in Bradford any more. Still quite a few mill buildings though - some converted for other uses (flats, galleries, etc.), some standing empty. The ones that aren't making any money still burn down on a suspiciously regular basis. 

This stuff IS rock'n'roll to me! 

Edited by mjmooney

I see

So if I've read that right.... lots of fires wool gets cheaper? :unsure:

Its all rock and roll at Chez Mooney isn't it.

Other way round. Bottom falls out of the market, hey presto, owners torch their mills for the insurance money (allegedly. It was an accident, guv).

Or they used to, there isn't really any woollen industry in Bradford any more. Still quite a few mill buildings though - some converted for other uses (flats, galleries, etc.), some standing empty. The ones that aren't making any money still burn down a suspiciously regular basis. 

This stuff IS rock'n'roll to me! 

Didn't think it made sense as I was reading it. That is exactly whats happened here. Slightly fake breakin a week or so before.... magic fire today.

I once saw a graph of the changing price of wool, plotted against the incidence of fires in Bradford woollen mills.

Massive inverse correlation.

s/Bradford/Holyoke/

Bit like the old Norton pub in Erdington. 

Supermarket applies to knock pub down and build supermarket. Refused as listed building. Pub burns down, Supermarket built 

Allegedly 

Edited by Xela

Â