General Chat

Stevo985

Does anyone know of any good online florists?

Be aware women judge you on where flowers come from - they look online to see what you spent.

I once send a girl a bunch from Sainsburys. It looked a great bunch, but somehow, Sainsburys doesnt say "Romance" like a real flower shop.

for the sake of a tenner, make sure your gift is delivered with the aplomb you desire.

And don't send them in a box

I'm going to see Flight of the Conchords at the NIA tonight. Can't wait!!

Jealous. That will be brilliant. Be sure to let us know how it is.

It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!

They were bloody brilliant. Hilarious, brilliant singing live and they played for about 2 hours. I'm actually devestated it's over :( I could have sat there all night.

I'm going to see Flight of the Conchords at the NIA tonight. Can't wait!!

Jealous. That will be brilliant. Be sure to let us know how it is.

It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!

They were bloody brilliant. Hilarious, brilliant singing live and they played for about 2 hours. I'm actually devestated it's over :( I could have sat there all night.

Ahhh nice one.

And when you're on the street, depending on the street, I bet you are definitely in the top 3, good looking girls on the street! Depending on the street.

Won £25 at the Union poker tonight.

Main tournament was a nightmare, made worse by being a double rebuy/rebuy-addon tournament and the absurd lack of cards I had.

But a took down an 8 handed side game, wahey.

Nice one. Ive played a little bit of Hold em All amongst mates, but thats about it.

Whats a double rebuy??

You're so beautiful...you could be a waitressssss, or an air hostess from the sixties...

Haha, that was one of the best ones they played. They finished with a huge finale of a rock version of "Bowie's in Space" and some other song which I can't remember the title of, in sparkly sequined cat suits and lasers etc.

Then they finished their encore with Albi the Racist Dragon and a slow ad lib version of Sugarlumps where they walked into the crowd. It was great!!

Just had a package delivered to work, my mrs got a me a nice new watch for no reason at all. I love surprises in nice boxes. Just checked the internet and rrp is €1250.00. Dutch birds are the way forward

Does she tend to buy lots of gifts from eBay...... ? :D

Just had a package delivered to work, my mrs got a me a nice new watch for no reason at all. I love surprises in nice boxes. Just checked the internet and rrp is €1250.00. Dutch birds are the way forward

Does she tend to buy lots of gifts from eBay...... ? :D

Nope, she has not even got a log in which is good. I have and I buy tat.

Nice one. Ive played a little bit of Hold em All amongst mates, but thats about it.

Whats a double rebuy??

Well, the union tournament usually has rules that state in the first hour, if you go out, you can rebuy and start again with the same starting stack.

However, some weeks when they expect turn out to be low, usually around essay and exam season, they mix it up to try and get the pot up by doing what they did last night, which allows you to either rebuy twice (i.e., you can go out and buy back in twice in the first hour) or rebuy and add on, if you need to. Or of course if you don't go out you can just add on. The add on is effectively buying another buy in on top of your current stack.

I'm not a great fan of either. The add on whenever they do it basically means if you want to maintain your tournament position (unless you're miles ahead in the average stack race) you have to spend another fiver to have the addon to keep the status quo. And rebuys are annoying because it means for the first hour unless someone is absolutely rubbish or very unlucky, you can't get rid of anyone and start whittling tables down. On the plus side it measn you can, if you're not bad, rack up a decent stack if you get a lot of rebuys on your table putting you at a bit of advantage on the field as a whole, but still I'd rather see someone who goes out, stays out.

But it makes sense for them to set it up like that on quiet weeks because they need to get the pot up.

Whats a double rebuy??

Well, the union tournament usually has rules that state in the first hour, if you go out, you can rebuy and start again with the same starting stack.

However, some weeks when they expect turn out to be low, usually around essay and exam season, they mix it up to try and get the pot up by doing what they did last night, which allows you to either rebuy twice (i.e., you can go out and buy back in twice in the first hour) or rebuy and add on, if you need to. Or of course if you don't go out you can just add on. The add on is effectively buying another buy in on top of your current stack.

I'm not a great fan of either. The add on whenever they do it basically means if you want to maintain your tournament position (unless you're miles ahead in the average stack race) you have to spend another fiver to have the addon to keep the status quo. And rebuys are annoying because it means for the first hour unless someone is absolutely rubbish or very unlucky, you can't get rid of anyone and start whittling tables down. On the plus side it measn you can, if you're not bad, rack up a decent stack if you get a lot of rebuys on your table putting you at a bit of advantage on the field as a whole, but still I'd rather see someone who goes out, stays out.

But it makes sense for them to set it up like that on quiet weeks because they need to get the pot up.

I love playing with rebuys, so easy to stack up, you just have to tighten up a bit and play your hands more aggressively. I've had a huge amount of success at the £10 rebuy tournaments at the rainbow (unlimited rebuys first hour) because people just don't know how to play them and think it's just all in with any two cards.

Speaking of poker, my local is getting annoyed with me, they do a 20 player £5 buyin winner takes all tourney twice a week (I hate the format, but the games so soft it makes up for it) and I've took it down 3 out of the last 4, and am nearly always in the last 3.

I just saw a book in a secondhand bookshop called (something like) "All You Need to Know About Britain" - one of those jokey books of lists about slang, customs, odd laws, etc.

The cover was a map of Britain with three things marked on it - "Land's End", "John O'Groats" and.... "Aston Villa". :)

I just saw a book in a secondhand bookshop called (something like) "All You Need to Know About Britain" - one of those jokey books of lists about slang, customs, odd laws, etc.

The cover was a map of Britain with three things marked on it - "Land's End", "John O'Groats" and.... "Aston Villa". :)

Everything You Didn't Need to Know About the UK

That's the one!

51YRNCDVQ5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Everything You Didn't Need to Know About the UK

That's the one!

51YRNCDVQ5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I had that book, or bought it for some spanish visitors.. yes it cost me £1 from Sexy shop at the market in town, or whatever it's called...

Â