General Chat

Stevo985

Top One!

Bottom one looks cheap.

Purple tie and white shirt will work well (especially with lighter grey suits)

On the earlier suggestions:

I would not be allowed to wear a skinny tie in my industry.

Please dont match your suit and tie! Grey suit, white or pastel (blue or pink only) shirt and a simple solid, stripped or patterned tie which. Black shoes, Black belt. Keep it simple and youll look sharp.

P.S i have boxing later so will cancel out this gheyness!

Purple tie and white shirt works.

The suit is darker than I envisaged so good to keep a colour in the tie. Wouldn't go for a black or dark tie like we previously suggested if the suit is that dark.

Zak, what industry do you work in? Just curious as to what industry doesn't allow skinny ties. Are you saying if you turned up to work wearing the top suit and tie combo it wouldn't be allowed?

Im a Lloyd’s Insurance Broker (an insurance broker who brokes in the Lloyd’s Building, nothing to do with the bank) I would no doubt be ‘advised’ that a skinny tie isn’t acceptable. Im presuming this as I have not tried, a skinny tie doesn’t look very professional in my opinion anyway. What I do know is that underwriters are not allowed to take their jackets off at their desks in Lloyd’s.

Edit: you said with the shirt aswell? It would be known that my suit would not be liked!

anyway. You are on to a winner with the grey suit, white shirt and purple tie. Although the purple tie in this case would need to be a pattern (like the one above) or striped, not solid.

Im a Lloyd’s Insurance Broker (an insurance broker who brokes in the Lloyd’s Building, nothing to do with the bank) I would no doubt be ‘advised’ that a skinny tie isn’t acceptable. Im presuming this as I have not tried, a skinny tie doesn’t look very professional in my opinion anyway. What I do know is that underwriters are not allowed to take their jackets off at their desks in Lloyd’s.

anyway. You are on to a winner with the grey suit, white shirt and purple tie. Although the purple tie in this case would need to be a pattern (like the one above) or striped, not solid.

They cant take their jackets off!?!?!?! :shock:

Cheers for the advice pal.

Well fair play, I wonder what the rest of the world will think of the Paralympics opener.

We've just had Steven Hawking on stage whilst a band plays the classic 'spasticus autisticus'.

Good for us.

Funk yeah! Had my best ever game of bowling last night. Never got a 200 before, 197 was my highest, well not only did I get my first, I got my second too! They're like buses.

199051_374098709329434_897708221_n.jpg

Sorry for the quality. I'm well chuffed with myself. Usually I average like 450 across 3 games. Shame it was only practice. The league doesn't start until next week.

Right, I have a bit of a random situation and am looking for some advice. Are there any people who are good with money/finances?

Pretty much, I have 1700 euros. I'm wanting to get this into my bank account as cheap as possible?

Does anyone know if it's worth holding onto in case the Euro is about to get stronger?

Or does anyone know the cheapest place to get Euros converted to GBP?

Any help would be mostly appreciated...

everyone's too gay talking about stripey purple clothes to help you.

i have no advice either.

Right, I have a bit of a random situation and am looking for some advice. Are there any people who are good with money/finances?

Pretty much, I have 1700 euros. I'm wanting to get this into my bank account as cheap as possible?

Does anyone know if it's worth holding onto in case the Euro is about to get stronger?

Or does anyone know the cheapest place to get Euros converted to GBP?

Any help would be mostly appreciated...

everyone's too gay talking about stripey purple clothes to help you.

i have no advice either.

:lol::lol:

Yeah, next time I ask for advice on here it will be about what jeans I should buy... :D

Congrats Lombardo :thumb: Are you in the big shmoke?

Yep, am out in Swords so am a northsider... Makes it handier to slip over to the airport for the early flights to Villa on a saturday though!!! :D

Got diagnosed with a tumour in my gullet this week. Inoperable because it has spread to my liver. Very rare at the age of 30. Only hope is to put it into remission through chemo otherwise nothing they can do. So a bit of a stressful week!!!!!

**** me mate, that's a bit of bad news.

Keep my fingers crossed for your chemo. Easy for me to say but stay positive.

Â