General Chat

Stevo985

I've got an interview early next week for an internal vacancy. No one in my officer (even directors) wear a suit, and the interviewer is my current boss...Unsure as to whether I should act as I would for a job elsewhere and suit up, or just stick to the office dress code.

yo, Dav, I've never properly introduced myself but I'm in HR at your place (I've admired you from afar, across the cubicles in the mens).

It's fancy dress.

I've got an interview early next week for an internal vacancy. No one in my officer (even directors) wear a suit, and the interviewer is my current boss...Unsure as to whether I should act as I would for a job elsewhere and suit up, or just stick to the office dress code.

As someone that hates dressing up there are only 2 times its acceptable and right to wear a suit

Weddings and funerals being 1 and job interviews being the other

So suit it would be my advice

As someone that hates dressing up there are only 2 times its acceptable and right to wear a suit

There are no times where a suit is unacceptable. I feel more comfortable in a suit than anything else.

There are no times where a suit is unacceptable. I feel more comfortable in a suit than anything else.

Swimming

• Like 1

Swimming

Nope, still fine.

Suit with top button done up and a tie and shoes

V

Trainers , shorts and a t-shirt

In no universe is the suit gonna be more comfortable

Suit with top button done up and a tie and shoes

V

Trainers , shorts and a t-shirt

In no universe is the suit gonna be more comfortable

It's not just practical comfort but comfort within myself. Perhaps I should amend my original statement. 

In public,  I feel more comfortable in a suit than everything else.

• Like 1

Â