General Chat

Stevo985

If calling it a 'public transport lane' would help, then just do that in yer head :)

Nah, that's too confusing. I'd be asking where the trains were.

Not to mention the aeroplanes and ferries.

If calling it a 'public transport lane' would help, then just do that in yer head :)

Makes you realise why they figured a 3-letter word would be best ;)

Female. Yay.

Just curious, why are taxis allowed in bus lanes?

Who can drive in a bus lane when it is in operation?

Only buses, pedal cyclists and wheelchair accessible taxis can use the bus lane during its hours of

operation. The definition of a bus contained in the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions

2002 is ‘motor vehicles constructed or adapted to carry more than eight passengers (exclusive of the

driver)’. Therefore, a bus must have a minimum of 10 seats including the driver.

Incorrect. Any taxi be it Hackney or private hire can use a bus lane in most areas, its down to local bye-laws though. All Taxis these days are considered to be a part of the local transport network. The law might actually change soon to reflect this if the Law Commission get their way.

The reason why is because taxis fill in the gaps that buses don't adequately service and using a taxi is more fuel efficient that using your own car. Taxis are very often used by councils and schools these days to ferry people between sites etc

• Like 2

Female. Yay.

Only buses, pedal cyclists and wheelchair accessible taxis can use the bus lane during its hours of

operation. The definition of a bus contained in the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions

2002 is ‘motor vehicles constructed or adapted to carry more than eight passengers (exclusive of the

driver)’. Therefore, a bus must have a minimum of 10 seats including the driver.

Incorrect. Any taxi be it Hackney or private hire can use a bus lane in most areas, its down to local bye-laws though. All Taxis these days are considered to be a part of the local transport network. The law might actually change soon to reflect this if the Law Commission get their way.

The reason why is because taxis fill in the gaps that buses don't adequately service and using a taxi is more fuel efficient that using your own car. Taxis are very often used by councils and schools these days to ferry people between sites etc

That was cut and paste from the Givm't so tell them off :-)

Makes you realise why they figured a 3-letter word would be best ;)

...and bus is short for busy, yeah? Because buses are usually busy. I'm getting it, I'm getting it.

I'm utterly convinced that I'll get to 30, have a breakdown and spend the rest of my life staring at space waiting for aliens.

Is anyone else dogged by fears of an inevitable mental collapse?

Rather exhausting.

So you're going to become a scientologist at 30?

Only while you're of sound mind. Once you've gone full on mental you have no control over it and won't be aware of your actions anyway. I imagine its like being Terry Gilliam on acid.

I'm utterly convinced that I'll get to 30, have a breakdown and spend the rest of my life staring at space waiting for aliens.

Is anyone else dogged by fears of an inevitable mental collapse?

Rather exhausting.

tumblr_mnxnanmmmh1stbibso1_500.jpg

Yes.

Edited by 8pints

Female. Yay.

That was cut and paste from the Givm't so tell them off :-)

And you expect them of all people to be right?

Wikipedia is more accurate :mrgreen:

So the parent who I have a massive crush on came in today in full work uniform. She's an air stewardess for Virgin Atlantic. Apparently I went bright red and all the women (I mostly work with women) were giving me stick.

Primary schools are not a good place to be the only bloody man. The PGCE student left last week so I'm on my own again.

They're all middle aged. 

To be fair, the mum I have a thing for isn't exactly young. Her husband is such a drip though. Really annoying :D

One of the TA's goes to me 'she's a bit old for you' and I was like 'yeah, she's married too'. She said that didn't matter. Add to that the conversations about sex toys and blow up dolls in the staff room at lunch time and it gets interesting.

Make it known that you like a bit of mature and you might find yourself in with most of your colleagues too then :P

Or some lovely cheese...either way it's win-win

Â