General Chat

Stevo985

Just bought a ticket to see Bob Dylan at the Royal Albert Hall in November. Can't wait :D

Ah, you're a fan of dreary warbling then?

I went to see old bob just a few years back

Don't go expecting to hear amazing versions of the old songs you love, don't get me wrong he plays them but they sound nothing like they used to, having said that if you go purely so you can say "I have seen bob Dylan live" and go into it with that mindset then you will enjoy it just fine.

He was onstage for about 2 and a half hours when I saw him

Just go for a very very long piss when he decides to play blowing in the wind because he really did **** destroy that one

Dylan's unpredictable. I think he's understandably bored with his old songs, so he tends to prat about with them. 

His croaky old man voice suits his newer, bluesier material better. "Tempest" was actually a damn fine album. 

I was taking the wife up to Stoke to see her family on Saturday afternoon when a plane flew quite low over us. I commented that it looked, for all the world, like a Spitfire but  I wasn't sure at all.

Nipper was at Download Festival yesterday and said that Iron Maiden had a Spitfire fly over Castle Donnington during the number 'Aces High' so I reckon I have now seen one actually flying and it did look impressive - to put it mildly.  Apparently most of the crowd were in awe of it and knew of it's significance. Excellent.

• Like 1

I was taking the wife up to Stoke to see her family on Saturday afternoon when a plane flew quite low over us. I commented that it looked, for all the world, like a Spitfire but  I wasn't sure at all.

Nipper was at Download Festival yesterday and said that Iron Maiden had a Spitfire fly over Castle Donnington during the number 'Aces High' so I reckon I have now seen one actually flying and it did look impressive - to put it mildly.  Apparently most of the crowd were in awe of it and knew of it's significance. Excellent.

You do know that there will be those on this forum that will lambast you for not knowing the basic shape of an iconic aircraft!

Those of us over a certain age would still have basic aircraft silhouette identification on the national curriculum.

Concord, Vulcan, Spitfire are the basics, Yokoshuka MXY7 Ohka damn near essential.

You do know that there will be those on this forum that will lambast you for not knowing the basic shape of an iconic aircraft!

Those of us over a certain age would still have basic aircraft silhouette identification on the national curriculum.

Concord, Vulcan, Spitfire are the basics, Yokoshuka MXY7 Ohka damn near essential.

Oh yes but in my defence - I was driving and just didn't expect it. On Cosford Air Show days you see all sorts. Any way - as The Observers Book of Aircraft was essential reading when I was young I would have known some of those - not the Yokoshuka thingy though; I thought she was married to John Lennon.

Â