General Chat

Stevo985

Question Time does make me angry sometimes.

...and why the **** do they invite people from the Sun on...?

To make people angry.!

Possibly. When they wheel our Kelvin 'Right On, Kneejerk Berk and word removed' Mackenzie, it's certainly the case. But Jane Moore? **** off. She's just bad.

But usually with Question Time what it is is most of the non-Sun guests, the really, really, thick members of the audience starring out from under those heavy brows, struggling to form coherent sentences, the petty party politics bollocks that amounts to playground 'NO YOU!' wrapped up in lies and civilised language.

And yet I have an unbearable desire to watch each week.

To make people angry.!

Possibly. When they wheel our Kelvin 'Right On, Kneejerk Berk and word removed' Mackenzie, it's certainly the case. But Jane Moore? **** off. She's just bad.

But usually with Question Time what it is is most of the non-Sun guests, the really, really, thick members of the audience starring out from under those heavy brows, struggling to form coherent sentences, the petty party politics bollocks that amounts to playground 'NO YOU!' wrapped up in lies and civilised language.

And yet I have an unbearable desire to watch each week.

Possiby because the Sun is the most popular newspaper in the country (I think) and their views/readership are more in line with what the 'majority' think? Not saying that makes it right, but might be a reason.

Seriously wtf is with calling us yanks septics. i find that so **** offensive

:lol:

cockney rhyming slang fella.

septic tank

• noun a underground tank in which sewage is allowed to decompose through bacterial activity before draining by means of a soakaway.

septic tank = yank.

not a term i'd use for our american brethren, personally.

I can rant here, right? Good.

Hmm where do I start..

I met a woman in Panama. She was awesome. She liked languages, travel, playing cribbage. She was beautiful, she had a sexy Quebecois accent. She had it all, I was in love, but then she left and returned to Canada. We stayed in touch, we've chatted on MSN messenger and Skyped each other. We laughed and talked about the times we shared. I always thought that there was a chance that we would see each other again, but she was always reluctant to make arrangements to visit or be visited. Time passed, it's been a year and a half now since I've seen her. Since May 2nd, 2008.

She possesses so many qualities in a woman that I could spend the rest of my life with, I could marry her.

No, no I can't. She just told me she's engaged.

:cry:

Weeeeeell here's a funny and embarrassing twist. She told me this all on facebook chat when I was just finishing my break at work. Our chat was about 4 minutes long and the last thing she said was "I'm getting married". I told her congratulations and that I had to return to work...

Turns out she was joking. (not a very funny joke)

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: Well, at least be glad that you didn't start to yell at her about her being an idiot and all that. :lol: Some people would and they would probably not hear from her again. :nod: Glad for you that it was a joke, btw.

On the topic of QT...

What did you think of Richard Madeley last week? I was expecting him to make a fool of himself but tbf to him he made some decent points. Apart from when he was promoting vigilante violence, oh and for someone who was twice charged with shoplifting (I think) he seemed to have some pretty strong views on burglary.

septic tank

• noun a underground tank in which sewage is allowed to decompose through bacterial activity before draining by means of a soakaway.

septic tank = yank.

Yea, I figured it was something like that. I prefer being called a yank over what is basically calling us pieces of shit.

septic tank

septic tank = yank.

Yea, I figured it was something like that. I prefer being called a yank over what is basically calling us pieces of shit.

It's not intended to be offensive. Like when you septics call us Brits Limeys (not saying you personally). Both a bit outdated and not particularly funny, but quite inoffensive in a modern day context.

Â