General Chat

Stevo985

Thanks guys,

It is a little easier playing a less major sport for a fairly small country. Although Ireland are around the 7th/8th rank in the world which includes The Iroquois (native americans who get their own national team out of respect for their sport) They however did not make the Worlds in Manchester due to Iroquois Passports not being accepted by the UK even when America and Hilary Clinton got involved and vouched for them. Was a real shame!

Wouldn't it have been smart of them to carry US passports too?

Maybe but obviously they see their Heritage as an extremely important matter

They have travelled on a team on those passports to tournaments since 1977 not having a problem

Theoretically they were invited to compete in the tournament as the nation of Iroquois by the U.K

But i guess the main factor is they are Iroquois not the US or Canada(some would be from Canada)

Looking at sports clubs to join in my new college. It's my third attempt at doing something with myself after college hours. I usually am very lazy about it and have yet to attend anything I wanted to. This is a new me though. I'm looking at fencing or some sort of martial art. Maybe both. Something at which I and everyone else in the class will be a complete beginner so I don't seem like someone who has spent the last 17 years in front of a computer. Anyone find a hidden gem of a sports club that wouldn't expose me as a deviant and that I'd enjoy.

What college are you at? I was part of the Lacrosse team at UCD, everyone starts as beginners in Uni. I would definatly suggest it depending on which college. I have represented Ireland 19 times now after starting in UCD including in the European Championship and World championship, which is pretty insane when i think about it.

Yeah it is UCD. I'll have to give that a look

Good stuff, its a good sport to start at this stage as everyone is in the same boat! PM me if you want to know anything else , I can also get you in touch with people from the club. Although you can just go see them at the sports expo first week of the semester

Looking at sports clubs to join in my new college. It's my third attempt at doing something with myself after college hours. I usually am very lazy about it and have yet to attend anything I wanted to. This is a new me though. I'm looking at fencing or some sort of martial art. Maybe both. Something at which I and everyone else in the class will be a complete beginner so I don't seem like someone who has spent the last 17 years in front of a computer. Anyone find a hidden gem of a sports club that wouldn't expose me as a deviant and that I'd enjoy.

What college are you at? I was part of the Lacrosse team at UCD, everyone starts as beginners in Uni. I would definatly suggest it depending on which college. I have represented Ireland 19 times now after starting in UCD including in the European Championship and World championship, which is pretty insane when i think about it.

Yeah it is UCD. I'll have to give that a look

Before BOF gets around to it... ;) [you would be playing in the Irish top flight as well...]

Have you tried comet clearance trogo? An auction site like ebay, but for comet returns & run by comet. Just check on the condition of the item before you bid. I got all my kitchen stuff from there at just a little over half price.

Have you tried comet clearance trogo? An auction site like ebay, but for comet returns & run by comet. Just check on the condition of the item before you bid. I got all my kitchen stuff from there at just a little over half price.

Cheers Anthony. Looks like there are some decent bargains to be had, but unfortunately I'm not sure I can wait the quoted '9 or more' days for delivery on any of the items (which costs over £30, too).

What about brain damage from all the concussions though? I'll need the bit of brain I have for the course I'm doing.

Iron Mike

I don't know, plenty of people I know get by seemingly without a brain. ;)

Thanks guys,

It is a little easier playing a less major sport for a fairly small country. Although Ireland are around the 7th/8th rank in the world which includes The Iroquois (native americans who get their own national team out of respect for their sport) They however did not make the Worlds in Manchester due to Iroquois Passports not being accepted by the UK even when America and Hilary Clinton got involved and vouched for them. Was a real shame!

Wouldn't it have been smart of them to carry US passports too?

Maybe but obviously they see their Heritage as an extremely important matter

They have travelled on a team on those passports to tournaments since 1977 not having a problem

Theoretically they were invited to compete in the tournament as the nation of Iroquois by the U.K

But i guess the main factor is they are Iroquois not the US or Canada(some would be from Canada)

That is infinitely debatable, isnt it? I read a bit more on the story and it seems we refused to let them in because we didnt know whether the USA would have them back, which is fair enough given the hoo ha over immigration that is always in the news here.

The US vouched for them, that wasnt good enough for us, again understandably so, then the US offered them passports which they refused.

Now I get that they consider their heritage to be very important. They might not recognise the US as a point of principle but the undeniable truth is that they are entitled to a passport and their life would have been made much easier with one. Just because you carry a passport doesnt mean you surrender your nationality. People carry multiple passports all the time, there are more people who hold dual citizenship in this world than you can shake a stick at. They probably should have done that.

Â