General Chat

Stevo985

My partner didn't see them despite being up and looking for them, as we were talking about it, she mentioned which room she was in. The room which definitely faces south :D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

I didn't see the Northern Lights because my idiot son had alcohol but unlike an adult puked in the taxi at the bottom of our road, needed fetching back to the house, needed to strip outside the front door as he was covered in puke tha

And didn't fall asleep because he was retching into a bucket for a couple of hours.  Constantly telling us and his girlfriend how sorry he was and apologising for his language as he kept calling himself a word removed that he'd **** up. 

Ah to be 14 again

On 10/05/2024 at 14:17, Genie said:

I’m not sure, I tend to use my card in the reader but I have noticed the contactless option. I’ll test drive it next time and feed back.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952atiis9psz73oza7lvqe

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I recently stuck £50 in so it’ll be a little while yet…

That's about 5 litres for @Xela with his super plus petrol prices. The GA+ option of the garage forecourt. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Ah to be 14 again

I wouldn’t mind but he's 21 and it's getting a bit too regular. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That's about 5 litres for @Xela with his super plus petrol prices. The GA+ option of the garage forecourt. 

jack-nicholson-sunglasses.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was still doing it until about 25 when I was living at home! I'd come home at 4am, clatter around in the kitchen making toast, go to bed and crash out. When I'd wake up to be sick, i'd notice the bucket and towel my Dad has put next to my bed! Bless him!

One night, I threw up over the radiator and it all dripped behind it and was a bugger to clean :( 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Was never much of a puker but I’ve done enough “**** up” well into my 30s. Hopefully no more for me and your lad gets over it sooner!

Maybe it is better that the younger generations are turning away from booze. Still thinking the world would be much more boring though.

83bbe3ed801abd6e12c2e304cdd006cd.jpg

• Like 1

My back garden points north, just had a little look at the streetlight right outside the fence is going to ruin any slim chance I have of seeing the northern lights tonight.

On 11/05/2024 at 08:41, tinker said:

Mate went to Iceland last month to see them and never, missed em last night as well 😆 

On 11/05/2024 at 17:36, Davkaus said:

My partner didn't see them despite being up and looking for them, as we were talking about it, she mentioned which room she was in. The room which definitely faces south :D

Both of these apply to MrsVM, although her window of choice was east facing and she went to Iceland in January.

We went up the hills away from any street lighting and didn't see a thing.

40 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Both of these apply to MrsVM, although her window of choice was east facing and she went to Iceland in January.

We went up the hills away from any street lighting and didn't see a thing.

Friday the solar storm was so strong they were overhead in Birmingham,  this was about 11pm -12 . I have an app that alerts me and the figures were in the 1000's normally a high level is 200-500

Screenshot_20240511_084205_AuroraWatch UK.jpg

On 11/05/2024 at 12:20, Davkaus said:

Yeah I've been to Iceland twice, and northern Finland and Norway, never seen so much of a hint of them.

Obviously I slept through it last night. Will be keeping an eye out tonight!

Was in Farm Foods, couldn't see them anywhere 😂

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I knew you were a farm foods type of guy ;)

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Farm Foods? Were you wearing Ralph Loren Chino's? 

• Haha 1

Is there a way I can make a phone call to the USA without it costing me a fortune?

I need to speak to a hotel so I assume it’s just a regular landline. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is there a way I can make a phone call to the USA without it costing me a fortune?

Viber and add a plan. Unlimited calls to landline and mobile for €1.99 a month.

Screenshot 2024-05-14 153141.jpg

Edited by AVFC_Hitz
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Steal someone's phone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â