General Chat

Stevo985

8 hours ago, Genie said:

With apple pay / google pay no need for a wallet or a card. Just a phone.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m not sure, I tend to use my card in the reader but I have noticed the contactless option. I’ll test drive it next time and feed back.

Hold on a minute…

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A few days research in Cornwall, you need coins if you wanna use the car parks.

They should install a contactless-payment coin vending machine next to the meter.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2024 at 15:08, tonyh29 said:

fairly sure @chrisp65 counts Barry Island as its own separate country 

In the documentary ‘Black Panther’ by marvel, the Wales flag is represented in the UN. The rest of the programme was absolute bobbins though.

spacer.png

But yeah, fairly sure I’ve recently mentioned the BIRA (Barry Island Republican Army) and them being stopped in their first ever car with a boot full of Molotovs. When quizzed by the police, rather than playing dumb and saying they had no idea how they got there, they instead volunteered ‘we were going to fire bomb Butlins’.

Thankfully, I had left Jeff’s gang by then. He had recently blown the kitchen off the back of his nan’s house and I had decided it was probs best to find other friends!

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

They should install a contactless-payment coin vending machine next to the meter.

Where we were staying was a phone / WiFi black spot. It was annoying on day one, bliss by day 3. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

A few days research in Cornwall, you need coins if you wanna use the car parks.

Same in Kent the back woods relative ****. No offence @KentVillan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Wow - where are you?

Surrey 

friends in Hungary have shared similar images so it’s visible quite  some way south 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Surrey 

friends in Hungary have shared similar images so it’s visible quite  some way south 

The best I have seen down here in Dorset was captured about an hour ago on a webcam in Wareham. Not as good as yours. 

IMG_4321.jpeg

15 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

The best I have seen down here in Dorset was captured about an hour ago on a webcam in Wareham. Not as good as yours. 

IMG_4321.jpeg

Did mine with a 10 second exposure on the phone , webcams probably don’t have that option  ?

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Did mine with a 10 second exposure on the phone , webcams probably don’t have that option  ?

No, it was a live webcam and I just took a screen shot.

Castle Bromwich,.last night looking towards Birmingham City centre. It's very faint to the human eye but when you take a photo it all appears.  Absolutely stunning tbh. 

IMG-20240511-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20240511-WA0002.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Seems like loads of people here in Tamworth had a perfect view too (not me, I forgot and went to bed).

Mate went to Iceland last month to see them and never, missed em last night as well 😆 

• Haha 2

Just now, tinker said:

Mate went to Iceland last month to see them and never, missed em last night as well 😆 

It’s one of those things I feel like I have to see before I die, I’m a bit annoyed I didn’t take the chance to look at it last night and save myself an expensive trip at some point.

Â