General Chat

Stevo985

21 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That was my ringtone back in the day and every time someone called me, I danced like Will.

So that's... 3 times. 😭

Yes, Will setting off is the thing that takes it from a quality comedy scene to an all time great. 

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Do you not own a hammer? 

This is the last time to be thinking of building a shed. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

This is the last time to be thinking of building a shed. 

The shed of Canary Death. 

bird-parakeet.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

If Luke Littler was a footballer we’d be hearing he has a younger brother who is apparently even better about now.

And he’d have wrapped his mum’s Picasso around a tree and lost his provisional license.

• Haha 1

On 13/01/2024 at 17:08, lapal_fan said:

That was my ringtone back in the day and every time someone called me, I danced like Will.

So that's... 3 times. 😭

I think 2 of those were butt dials. Sorry about that. The 3rd was probably your mom calling you to ask what time she was cutting your hair

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

A slightly surreal experience today. I had an out patient appointment at the hospital, but its the first day of a junior doctor’s strike. The local news had forecast a stop on all operations and surgery, 80% cancellation rate for all appointments. Well, I didn’t receive a cancellation notice so I thought the best thing to do was to rock up and take my chances. Worst case scenario, a morning off work.

I got to the hospital, the pickets were lined up, they gave me a cheery wave, I gave them a thumbs up and a toot, they cheered. I parked in the free parking directly outside the entrance. I was a little early so I went in the coffee shop which was almost empty got a coffee and a pastry and checked twitter. At appointment time I walked down the corridor to see if I did still have an appointment. The doctor was stood in the waiting area talking to the receptionist. They asked my name, walked me to the room, we had a proper check up for the best part of an hour, talked through stuff, did some tests and poking and prodding and when I was done he walked me back out and there was nobody in the waiting area.

Turns out, having been widely broadcast it was going to be Armageddon with 80% cancellation rate, nobody but me had bothered turning up.

Left the hospital, gave another cheery toot to the picket line on the way out.

I mean, I’m not saying I enjoyed it, I’m not saying they should strike more often, but, y’know, it felt like a Curb Your Enthusiasm style dilemma. I want the doctors to get their money at the earliest opportunity, but another day of similar industrial action at the end of February, would that be so bad?

Its just like going private! :) 

On 13/01/2024 at 17:08, lapal_fan said:

So that's... 3 times. 😭

Must have been urgent if your mom rang three times

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Must have been urgent if your mom rang three times

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

She needed to borrow some johnnies.

3 days and that's the best you can come up with?

I thought bald people were meant to be clever!

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🆒1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣💥

25 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

3 days and that's the best you can come up with?

I thought bald people were meant to be clever!

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🆒1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣💥

I was too busy banging your mom with my big bald head

• Haha 2

On 12/01/2024 at 21:42, Paddywhack said:

You always do this. Any sign of me making a new friend and you scare them away!!

And also, at the weekend, which one of us three *didn’t* have a beer?…. That’s right. @lapal_fan!! 

The cheek of him. I can drink more than 3 beers. I just become even more of an annoying, wisecracking, piss-taker than I am normally. After beer 4 I’ll throw up though. Coors Light is lethal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

And also, at the weekend, which one of us three *didn’t* have a beer?…. That’s right. @lapal_fan!! 

The cheek of him. I can drink more than 3 beers. I just become even more of an annoying, wisecracking, piss-taker than I am normally. After beer 4 I’ll throw up though. Coors Light is lethal.

He did have 2 evening coffees though, the bloody mad man.

• Like 1

Has anyone been to one of those big weekenders at Butlins?

I've been roped into the 80's on at Minehead in June.  I didn't realise it was THREE nights.  Anyone ever been to one?  I was thinking of ditching the last night and going home on Sunday.  Don't want to miss out though but I suspect the Sunday is a bit more low key.

Edited by sidcow

Â