General Chat

Stevo985

Purple Bricks are up for sale and have made massive losses last couple of years. 

So it seems the commission those blood sucking estate agents charge might actually be needed to support a functioning business. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Purple Bricks are up for sale and have made massive losses last couple of years. 

So it seems the commission those blood sucking estate agents charge might actually be needed to support a functioning business. 

It’s money for nothing really. They take photos, stick on on rightmove… then not a lot else. 

I just don’t think it works as a bloated national company. As a small independent with smaller outgoings they can make it profitable. 

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They are bloody useless. I told my missus not to use them just because they "cheaper" when she was selling a property she had they told her to add 50k on top of asking value. I said to her this is stupid as no one is going to come view it. But PB insisted its better strategy.  Behold no viewings. Drop it 4 weeks later and suprise suprise interest. 

The photos they took were really poor as well. Also when we found a buyer the solictors they allocate you (if you can call them that) were absolutely useless. Literally the worst.

Awful company

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They are bloody useless. I told my missus not to use them just because they "cheaper" when she was selling a property she had they told her to add 50k on top of asking value. I said to her this is stupid as no one is going to come view it. But PB insisted its better strategy.  Behold no viewings. Drop it 4 weeks later and suprise suprise interest. 

The photos they took were really poor as well. Also when we found a buyer the solictors they allocate you (if you can call them that) were absolutely useless. Literally the worst.

Awful company

I can confirm that the local commission based estate agent I used was absolutely first class in every regard. 

The strangest thing happened today. I was visiting my grandmother in the care home, and one of the staff asked me a question, which I answered in what, in my head at least, sounded like my normal Norwegian accent. The staff member gave me a slightly surprised look and asked «oh, are you Dutch?» I just said «eh, no?» and she said «oh, ok» and that was that. 

ik heb geen idee wat er is gebeurd 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, El Zen said:

The strangest thing happened today. I was visiting my grandmother in the care home, and one of the staff asked me a question, which I answered in what, in my head at least, sounded like my normal Norwegian accent. The staff member gave me a slightly surprised look and asked «oh, are you Dutch?» I just said «eh, no?» and she said «oh, ok» and that was that. 

ik heb geen idee wat er is gebeurd 🤷‍♂️

You're Steve McLaren, aren't you? 

• Haha 1

On 17/02/2023 at 15:53, Seat68 said:

I woke up with a fairly substantial nosebleed last night, I have never had one before. I thought only kids had nosebleeds.

I used to get a few nose bleeds but they stopped when I gave up boxing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Something in the air?  Having had a a big one earlier in the morning I had to go to hospital yesterday.  Bled all over Asda car park (and myself), pouring out of me and wouldn't stop, substantial blood loss.  Missus rang 111 and they sent an ambulance who decided to take me in after taking my blood pressure.  

Happy ending though, I didn't die and my blood pressure went back down.  No repeat bleed so far either.

Yeah, same without the 111 stuff, it took me by surprise as I thought I had a runny nose as I was in bed at the time, wiped my nose and my hands were covered as was my face. My wife barely opened her eyes. Obviously couldnt sleep as I was going through all the things it could mean. Blood Pressure didnt even enter into it until the morning and turned out it was high.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Happy ending though, I didn't die and my blood pressure went back down.  No repeat bleed so far either.

last time I used a hospital they just give me a glass of water and sent me on my way , when did they start adding "extras " 

PS ...glad you're ok 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Something in the air?  Having had a a big one earlier in the morning I had to go to hospital yesterday.  Bled all over Asda car park (and myself), pouring out of me and wouldn't stop, substantial blood loss.  Missus rang 111 and they sent an ambulance who decided to take me in after taking my blood pressure.  

kenneth-williams-leespoons.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm glad you clarified this bit as I was starting to get a bit worried.

Hope you're feeling better.

Edited by Rds1983
  • Thanks 1

Â