General Chat

Stevo985

5 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

How do you pronounce Evesham? 

Been having a continuous debate with my girlfriend ever since she took the piss out of me saying Eve-esh-em. Insisting it was Eve-sham. 

Not a lot of difference, TBH. 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I see you made the rookie error of not turning your phone sideways when filming

No, filming film horse play is normally done in the vertical

On 20/04/2016 at 22:13, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

has anyone else noticed the sudden appearance of a newspaper called 'the new day'? what is it and why is it every where?

Brainchild of the bellend Simon Fox, the man that wrecked HMV, and gave himself a 50% pay rise mid dive.

When the BBC national newsreader says "And now the news where YOU are", I sometimes wonder how they know where I am. Well, it would seem that they don't. We in Yorkshire have just been treated to London local news and weather. Hope the value of our house has gone up.

EDIT: Mystery solved - turns out we we watching live TV, but on the BBC iPlayer. It obviously defaults to the London version. Worth knowing about, I suppose...

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2016 at 12:28, AlwaysAVFC said:

How do you pronounce Evesham? 

Been having a continuous debate with my girlfriend ever since she took the piss out of me saying Eve-esh-em. Insisting it was Eve-sham. 

It's two syllables: Eve-shum.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There were a few flakes of snow in the air earlier. It's nearly May for **** sake.

Plenty of snow, sleet and hail in Wet Yorkshire today. 

In deepest darkest Tividale we've had overcast - sun - overcast- sleet - sun - overcast - snow - sun - snow and now it's sleeting again. All within 4 hours.

Madness.

Edited by Ingram85

Meant to post this a couple of days ago but I've just remembered it now.  I was in the gents in the Bullring and some bloke was having a piss in the urinal while drinking from a giant Starbucks cup.  Struck me that he could have just poured it directly down the bog and cut out the middleman. 

I was in a toilet at Carsington Water, and someone had had a poo on the floor, the dirty dog. What made it slightly more curious was that there was a sign on the wall that read "Please report any thing out of the ordinary to ground floor reception". I suspect there was a serial floor poo-er at large, or possibly a poo-tester (protester) outraged at the process that formed said Water.

It was snowing again just now.

At Carsington Water (not Ealing) 

I had a peculiar feeling 

It said on the door: 

"Don't shit on the floor" 

So I carefully shat on the ceiling 

• Like 2

Â