General Chat

Stevo985

Well I've been round to my mates new house and had 2 pints and 2 cans and now I'm on my way home to get a pizza and a nice cup of tea.

Looks like my new found sensible drinking thing will survive for Another week

Beer goes far better with pizza than a cup of tea.

So, I've taken some initial steps to starting my own business, it'll be a specialty beer retail store in a high foot traffic tourist area in a gentrifying town. High end American craft beers and quality European imports. Bi-weekly in store beer tastings, demos by local brewers, etc. Bit of a roll of the dice, but nothing ventured, as they say. I'll be sure to hang the Villa scarf up somewhere in there : )

The next big thing with beer is to match it with food in the same way types of wine are recommend with certain dishes. There is a lot of matching beers to chocolate so maybe incorporate this I know of a chef that is working on opening a restarauant that only serves beer and matches what type with you order

So, I've taken some initial steps to starting my own business, it'll be a specialty beer retail store in a high foot traffic tourist area in a gentrifying town. High end American craft beers and quality European imports. Bi-weekly in store beer tastings, demos by local brewers, etc. Bit of a roll of the dice, but nothing ventured, as they say. I'll be sure to hang the Villa scarf up somewhere in there : )

The next big thing with beer is to match it with food in the same way types of wine are recommend with certain dishes. There is a lot of matching beers to chocolate so maybe incorporate this I know of a chef that is working on opening a restarauant that only serves beer and matches what type with you order
Good idea that

4 tins of kestral super - best enjoyed whilst watching an arm chair burn under a railway arch or standing on a street corner roaring at traffic

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

There's a wine merchants in Brum that's doing really well and they do a similar thing with a local deli - you can try the wines (or just get drunk) in store and buy cheeses and meats and other loveliness while you do. It's become a greta place to both drink and buy wine. If you can get both of those things going on maqroll, you'll be on the path to success!

Loki wines

There's a wine merchants in Brum that's doing really well and they do a similar thing with a local deli - you can try the wines (or just get drunk) in store and buy cheeses and meats and other loveliness while you do. It's become a greta place to both drink and buy wine. If you can get both of those things going on maqroll, you'll be on the path to success!

Loki wines

That place is great. Have bought some very nice wines from there.

Having lived somewhere with nearly 1600 local breweries, and sampled as many of their wares as I could, I struggled to find one better than Zirndorfer Landbier.  Unbelievable, and hard to pick up outside of Deutschland...

http://www.zirndorfer.de/

Marmite and honey cheese on toast goes surprisingly well

:).

Anyway, I have a bottle of wine that im going to drink and it has a cork in it. But I cannot find the opener thing for it.

And i've had too much to drink to consider to drive to the shops. This should be fun.,

Marmite and honey cheese on toast goes surprisingly well

Anyway, I have a bottle of wine that im going to drink and it has a cork in it. But I cannot find the opener thing for it.

And i've had too much to drink to consider to drive to the shops. This should be fun.,

put it in your shoe and bang it against a wall, the cork will pop off after a fair few bashes

oh and marmite, cheese and corned beef sandwiches FTW

Edited by leemond2008

Marmite and honey cheese on toast goes surprisingly well

Push the cork down into the bottle.

Marmite and honey cheese on toast goes surprisingly well

Knife sharpening steel, screwdriver or similar and push the cork in. You should probably do it over a sink.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Had a stroke of luck on Saturday regarding our housing situation.

A couple were posting leaflets through every house on our road saying that they wanted to downsize and buy a 2 bed purely on our road. I phoned back by chance and found out they want to buy when we want to sell (New Year 2016). Got an estate agent coming on Thursday to value the house and said that they can come to view it after it's been valued. 

How to I play this? Should I tell them the value before or after coming? Any general advice? This would be perfect if it was all done with no hassle as I'd save a lot of money on fees and I'd be able to move out the day my mortgage period expires.

Edited by villarule123

Had a stroke of luck on Saturday regarding our housing situation.

A couple were posting leaflets through every house on our road saying that they wanted to downsize and buy a 2 bed purely on our road. I phoned back by chance and found out they want to buy when we want to sell (New Year 2016). Got an estate agent coming on Thursday to value the house and said that they can come to view it after it's been valued. 

How to I play this? Should I tell them the value before or after coming? Any general advice? This would be perfect if it was all done with no hassle as I'd save a lot of money on fees and I'd be able to move out the day my mortgage period expires.

DO NOT TELL THEM THE VALUE. Tell them what you want to sell the house for. Say - value plus 10-15%. Let them argue the toss. If they want your road and your road alone you are in a really strong position.

Just make sure the house is clean and tidy and looking as good as it can.

Â