General Chat

Stevo985

I just got a text off my girlfriend saying ‘I'm cancelling my gym membership, do you want me to do yours?’ and then a second later an email saying ‘confirmation of your gym direct debit cancellation’.

Hmm.

Get out now, while you still can. And I don't mean the gym.

I just got a text off my girlfriend saying ‘I'm cancelling my gym membership, do you want me to do yours?’ and then a second later an email saying ‘confirmation of your gym direct debit cancellation’.

Hmm.

Lol. His fiancee is one of a the most loveable people you could ever meet. She's not got a bad bone in her body.

Paddywhack, you haven't even been going that much lately, have you?

When buying a house, best to save the pennies anyway mate :)

Hmm.

She's not got a bad bone in her body.

There must be an opportunity here for some ribald commentary, I just can't quite get the combination of suggestive smut vs downright offence to work.

Hmm.

Lol. His fiancee is one of a the most loveable people you could ever meet. She's not got a bad bone in her body.

That's all well and good, but doing that without his agreement is massively out of order. My missus nags me to get rid of books, and she has a point, so I have given a load to charity shops. But if she just went ahead and did it behind my back I would hit the **** ing roof. But she would never do that.

Hmm.

That's all well and good, but doing that without his agreement is massively out of order. My missus nags me to get rid of books, and she has a point, so I have given a load to charity shops. But if she just went ahead and did it behind my back I would hit the **** ing roof. But she would never do that.

I'd be annoyed but I wouldn't hit the roof.

Anyway, not being a knob or anything, but I know Paddywhack in the real life and knew she wouldn't be as callous to do that :)

Hmm.

It's spelt 'Ruth'

Hmm.

As you are the VT grammar guru, and im sure you are correct, but I was always told at school never to start a sentence after a full stop with the word 'but'...I must have been taught incorrectly then.

Hmm.

As you are the VT grammar guru, and im sure you are correct, but I was always told at school never to start a sentence after a full stop with the word 'but'...I must have been taught incorrectly then.

You were taught incorrectly. It is perfectly fine to start a sentence with a subordinating conjunction.

• Like 1

They're a common source of rage. Especially the people who scan each item, pile it up, pay, and only then do they begin to put their items in to the bags, that are mere centimetres from the place they chose to put the items instead. They'd probably struggle to solve a jigsaw with 2 pieces.

• Like 1

Â