General Chat

Stevo985

Yesterday morning my cats brought in a bat. That's right, a BAT!!

I woke up around 4.30 in the morning to my two cats running around and something flying around the bedroom. It seemed no bigger than 4 or 5 inches (I thought it was a dragon fly or a big moth) so I went back to sleep.

A few hours later I got up for work and the cats were both staring up at the wardrobe. There it was! A tiny bat at the top of the wardrove door, hanging upside down, like they do.

I managed to scoop it into a box and release it into the garden. At first I thought it was injured, as it didn't move a muscle in the box. But when I tipped the box up, it flew off! :D

It was a lovely moment, and a satisfying feeling (much better than when I've had to put birds out of their misery, or when I've released a mouse, only for the cats to re-catch it again).. /ghey.

I saved a bat once, cute little thing it was. I was working over the summer at my university and it got trapped, so instead of just leaving it until nighttime, the idiot porters poked it with a long pole, scared it into the bright summer sunshine and it spiralled down onto the ground completely bemused. Poor little guy. I made sure I was the one who picked it up and put it into the box to release it later on.

The office then phoned the RSPCA for the best advice on what to do and they asked if anyone had handled it. I said I had and got called an idiot because they carry rabies. It didn't bite me though.

Im ill so I'm off work for 2 days. Throat has nearly closed up and I've got a banging headache. I'm going to Spain on Tuesday morning so I hope its gone by then plus I bet work think I'm just skiving off as my annual leave starts on Saturday.

**** hate being ill. :(

Edited by Ingram85

I have no idea what type of bat it was. It was tiny when it was curled up though. Probably 2 inches long and 1 inch wide.

I have a photo of it on my wardrobe (on my phone, not printed and stuck up on my wardrove! Before the smart arses pipe up!), but it's not that good because it was dark and I didn't want to scare it.

I often see a couple of small bats flying around outside my window. Is there a standard 'garden bat'? If so. That's the fella!

Yesterday morning my cats brought in a bat. That's right, a BAT!!

I woke up around 4.30 in the morning to my two cats running around and something flying around the bedroom. It seemed no bigger than 4 or 5 inches (I thought it was a dragon fly or a big moth) so I went back to sleep.

A few hours later I got up for work and the cats were both staring up at the wardrobe. There it was! A tiny bat at the top of the wardrove door, hanging upside down, like they do.

I managed to scoop it into a box and release it into the garden. At first I thought it was injured, as it didn't move a muscle in the box. But when I tipped the box up, it flew off! :D

It was a lovely moment, and a satisfying feeling (much better than when I've had to put birds out of their misery, or when I've released a mouse, only for the cats to re-catch it again).. /ghey.

I would have killed the cats and kept the bat as a pet

Â