General Chat

Stevo985

Apparently yes. The height of buildings act 1910 limits them to 130 feet although there are some exceptions. Tallest is still only 210 feet though.

My God that's an obnoxious **** word removed sitting beside Paxman. He gets his say then butts in. Paxman not being great either.

That was the impersonator of a human being that is Kelvin MacKenzie:

http://themediablog.typepad.com/.a/6a011570c131b2970c017744add1ae970d-250wi

He's a good example of why I don't watch that type of programme. I've a low boiling point for downright obnoxiousness which pretty much rules out any political programme or The Apprentice.
  • Like 1

that about DC must be true, i read it in a dan brown book....

sure it has to do with not being taller than one of the famous old buildings, but i think it does take in to account topography, so the tallest building in the city might not actually be higher than the building the rule is based on if that makes sense

you're right, Levi will know the exact answer

The Height of Buildings Act of 1910 (DC ST § 6-601) was an Act of Congress passed by the 61st United States Congress on June 1, 1910 to limit the height of buildings inWashington, D.C.[1] The original act was passed on March 1, 1899 when the 55th United States Congress approved the Height of Buildings Act of 1899.[2] The original act restricted the heights of any type of building in the United States capital city of Washington, D.C., to be no higher than 110 feet. In 1910, the 61st United States Congress enacted a new height restriction law limiting building heights to 130 feet, or the width of the right-of-way of the street or avenue on which a building fronts, whichever is shorter. That is the main law presented by this act.

Question that will likely go unanswered #1: does anyone know any good articles (etc.) about cell regeneration, 'specially in the brain?

I don't of any articles but maybe searching for brain plasticity, might help. thinking about it you probably mean something else maybe search for mitosis in the brain?

Â