General Chat

Stevo985

I'm upset that the prospect of a nerdy model train conversation never materialised. Not quite as rock 'n' roll as MctW's Vegas comedown.

Moved from the Piss You Off thread. 

The thing about model railways is that the REALLY good ones are fantastic, but most layouts end up as a 'train set', i.e a bit shit. And that's why I very much doubt if I'll bother doing one. Because to make it worthwhile I'd have to spend a massive amount of time and money on it. Wouldn't go down well with the missus, and I'm not that dedicated TBH. 

Good: 

lambley_viaduct_7.jpg

Not good: 

Trakmat2006.gif

And then there's the TMRC (which considering that TMRC basically invented the modern technology world, that they built a pretty decent model railroad too is gravy).

I see Brums got its 4th Michelin star restaurant, Adam's

not sure where that is

Above the dry cleaners in sparkbrook, to get in you need to knock the door and whoever answers you need to rub the back pocket of his trousers and whisper in his ear "I fancy a bit of what's in there"

Its fairly hush hush, so keep it too yourself.

• Like 2

I'm upset that the prospect of a nerdy model train conversation never materialised. Not quite as rock 'n' roll as MctW's Vegas comedown.

Moved from the Piss You Off thread. 

The thing about model railways is that the REALLY good ones are fantastic, but most layouts end up as a 'train set', i.e a bit shit. And that's why I very much doubt if I'll bother doing one. Because to make it worthwhile I'd have to spend a massive amount of time and money on it. Wouldn't go down well with the missus, and I'm not that dedicated TBH. 

Good: 

lambley_viaduct_7.jpg

Not good: 

Trakmat2006.gif

And then there's the TMRC (which considering that TMRC basically invented the modern technology world, that they built a pretty decent model railroad too is gravy).

The viaduct on the top one is very similar to the one I had, brilliantly done.

A good train set is rather special as far as I'm concerned, but you do need to devote a fair bit of space for it.

Cheltenham model shop was a bit of a Mecca for me as a child, great times.

race car driver fancy dress outfits always look shit IMO

PALM-3133.jpg

Total shit. You'd look a complete rocket polisher at a fancy dress like that IMO. Maybe, maybe at a sports-specific one but, nah, I wouldn't risk it :)

I see Brums got its 4th Michelin star restaurant, Adam's

not sure where that is

i went there a few weeks ago for the taster menu.

Its one of the side roads of New Street (for now, i think they are planning to move)

It was good, but they seemed to like raw food a bit too much.

raw beef in one of the nibbles.

almost raw fish in one of the starter dishes.

duck so undercooked that it almost quacked.

and they liked mixing sweet and savoury flavour together, which worked in some courses but not in others.

but their violet dessert was absolutely amazing.

and the roast dinner in one bite-size ball - i could have ate 50 of those as my whole meal.

overall 8/10 - but Simpsons is still THE place to go.

Edited by ender4

Does anyone use a voice recorder on a day to day basis? I've got the ability to do it on my phone but the sound is very faint and scratchy.

I'm going to need to use one quite a lot, so is it worth investing in one?

Â